DAILY DEVOTIONAL

Readings for
    Monday, July 16, 2007
    First: Exodus 1:8-14, 22
    Psalm: Psalm 124:1-8
    Second:
    Gospel: Matthew 10:34 -- 11:1

Reflect:
    The Disciples were sent to preach a very difficult message about the cost of discipleship. Within a historical context, some of the family members prevented their children from following Jesus because they did not want to break the Laws. Although Jesus did not come to abolish the law, His way of following the Law was very “new” to the established order. That’s why Jesus challenged his listeners to consider their allegiance. Do you follow the established norms and play it safe, or do we follow Jesus in a radical and loving way?

Get the hell out of here...no body wants to hear this crap

TELL THE TRUTH

PREACHING+REPUBLICAN=TAX BREAK

let's keep praying for each other

Wednesday, July 18, 2007
    First: Exodus 3:1-6, 9-12
    Psalm: Psalm 103:1-4, 6-7
    Second:
    Gospel: Matthew 11:25-27

Moses was like a little child. Although imperfect in his faith, he was simple enough to obey the Voice of God. Often times, we think that growing up means that we make decisions for ourselves. As true as that is, these readings remind us that we are still God’s child, no matter how old we are! This reading reminds us that a child-like faith, not a childish, is essential because children can still be molded by a loving God the Father and a loving Mother, the Church. We, like Moses, can be transformed from being a child to being a true child of God. The true Child of God is someone who listens to the voice of God and follows. And, a true Child of God, is someone who receives the wisdom and treasures of heaven. Can you see why so many Saints were so young when they became Saints?

for you

Thursday, July 19, 2007
    First: Exodus 3:13-20
    Psalm: Psalm 105:1, 5, 8-9, 24-27
    Second:
    Gospel: Matthew 11:28-30

Time to reflect

This incredibly short Gospel passage just about says it all for someone who may be struggling in life. And, who doesn’t struggle? This passage is often read by priests who go to anoint people in the hospitals, nursing homes or on their deathbed. It’s a reminder that between now and the time we are called to our eternal reward, we must “labor” in the fields. We must still carry a yoke. But this yoke – the cross of the Lord – although at times can be quite heavy, is never carried alone. If we are burdened, let’s go to God and He will give us rest.

I think that religion, faith and God

Have a presence in my world and if work is a part of my world it has a place there. I Pray daily and I pray before I go out to the street that I return safely home. I like the post, they intrigue me , and I say keep them coming . Of all the garbage that doesn't belong on this forum, this is not one .

We should all post

Post that if our children, or other important people in our world read, we would not be embarrassed. Keep posting postive post , I like them as well as many others do .

Not for LEO Affairs

A daily devotion is good but is not appropriate for this site. This site is born from the guts of satan and is only used by evil people that personally attack others and remain anonymous. These people don't need
    our prayers as they already know that they are evil and will be burning in hell!!! Daily devotions should be resreved for the truly needy and not a bunch of lazy evil scumbags!!

Not for LEO Affairs

A daily devotion is good but is not appropriate for this site. This site is born from the guts of satan and is only used by evil people that personally attack others and remain anonymous. These people don't need
    our prayers as they already know that they are evil and will be burning in hell!!! Daily devotions should be resreved for the truly needy and not a bunch of lazy evil scumbags!!

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast