Local Prez 'says' what you were thinking... - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: Local Prez 'says' what you were thinking...

This clown has been thrust back in the news by his friends at the St. Petersburg Times. Seeing his name got me thinkin...
    Somebody do the math for me. If Swifty had conned CITY council into putting police and fire pensions into a 401K two years ago, just how much would have been lost? 30 or 40%?????
    Not the sweet deal he said it was. :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Will this Bozo ever go away!
    This clown has been thrust back in the news by his friends at the St. Petersburg Times. Seeing his name got me thinkin...
    Somebody do the math for me. If Swifty had conned CITY council into putting police and fire pensions into a 401K two years ago, just how much would have been lost? 30 or 40%?????
    Not the sweet deal he said it was. :devil:
    I had someone send me the link and I clicked on it. I read and I read. Huh, this all looks familiar. But why would someone be sending me the link to such an old story? I seriously thought that the person who sent it to me was trying to tell me something. Then I went to the top of the page and I looked for the publish date of the article. It was a retread!

At least the article didn't lead you to a breaking news story, telling you that he was running for Council or Mayor.

As for his personal motives and your pension -- think scorched earth. You've got the pension you've got because someone who works for a Fortune 500 company isn't likely to get shot or stuck by an HIV tainted needle. We should never apologize for stepping into the breech.

Now where'd I leave that bad penny?

FD Bro'

Look out for greedy *******s like Scott Swift to come crawling out to and back this move to cut pay.
    His move to cut pensions didn't go far but they don't give up.
    FD'Bro, this is a good time to educate on why a defined benefit pension is superior to a 401.K. The market is up since a few months ago but most families are still down. We with pensions should all be glad. Our employer must take the risk and plan accordingly.
    Look out for a proposal to trade permanent benefit cuts for a one time bonus. More cash or smaller cuts today, in exchange for a future of smaller paychecks and a risky retirement gamble on the market.

Rep. Kathy Castor weighs in on St. Petersburg union negotiations
    ST. PETERSBURG-- Rep. Kathy Castor has come out against Mayor Rick Baker's proposal to freeze city wages and has asked Gov. Charlie Crist to do the same.

Castor, D-Tampa, said any reduction in police or fire protection would be detrimental to the city's public safety needs.

"Recent events in South St. Petersburg demonstrate the need for a robust local dialogue over resources for police protection and firefighters and I believe more, not less, investment in public safety," Castor wrote in a letter to Crist earlier this month. "Our neighbors in South St. Petersburg deserve better."
    She urged Crist to join her in asking the city to explore other financial remedies.

Cristina Silva, Times staff writer

Posted by tampabaycom at 06:55:05 PM on May 18, 2009

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910