New Drama @ FLPD - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

We could go on forever but I rest my case, as it’s pointless to continue since this agency is going downhill fast with no brakes. There are those that have more common sense than the average joe and therefore no longer work for this agency. I’m sure that you will have to stick it out since nobody else will take you or hire you. Maybe someday you will see the light and the end of the tunnel but perhaps by that time it will be too late for you my ex-fellow FLPD officer.

BTW: B/F I came to FLPD I had 4 years as an MP & 3 sworn, my rookies days were long gone….

Quote Originally Posted by Distric2-DOG
    Let’s get one thing clear HONEYBUN, dispatchers get paid to dispatch not to make decisions for officers. You don’t have the slightest idea of what it takes to work the mean streets of Fort Lauderdale.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkDeezie
    I've had an officer that was training ask for a 10-29 on a person and when I discovered the person had 3 possible code 4's out of BSO, I asked that particular unit if he had a 10-94. He told me "No, but my F.T.O. is with me." Last time I checked, FTO's carried guns, badges, and were still POLICE OFFICERS.
    This is a good example of why we should have FLPD dispatchers and not Jenne’s kids. FLPD policies states that while on training recruits are not consider backups. An additional 94 is to be dispatch even though there are two officers present. You won’t find this in the pages of Cosmopolitan nor Glamour or whatever crap you read while on duty.
    because Cassie is one of the few dispatchers who dont take crap from officers. We are NOT here to kiss your asses. We are here to do our jobs.
    TO DO OUR JOBS REALLY??? Like sending officers on the wrong address or not raising 94s on violent 38s. How about incomplete 14 on violent subjects. BSO Dispatchers have no clue about officer safety nor do they care about the welfare of the officers on duty. In the safety of your little air conditioner room, you try to talk the talk but can you walk the walk.

Jenne's kids dont follow BSO policy when it comes to dispatch
    we follow an SOP written by Sharon ANderson. so call her and *****

y

Heres the point if you rely on a dispatcher who does not have the survival mindset and for all intents and purposes is one of the sheep helping the sheepdog, you are not very bright. If you can't handle your own and have a reliable partner, then scream into the radio see if your still alive ?

The radio makes very little difference in whether or not you die!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 8809
    Heres the point if you rely on a dispatcher who does not have the survival mindset and for all intents and purposes is one of the sheep helping the sheepdog, you are not very bright. If you can't handle your own and have a reliable partner, then scream into the radio see if your still alive ?

The radio makes very little difference in whether or not you die!
    I agree with you in principle: Survival starts with the officer. A dispatcher can't be relied on for everything, but the good ones make the job a lot more enjoyable and safer. When I call for a hook and one is already 51, that's nice. When I click my radio, a scuffle is heard, and a code 3 back up is sent immediately, that's nice. Conversely, when I walk up to a car I just stopped, and the dispatcher says, "Just FYI, that car is stolen, verify on teletype," and doesn't hold the air, it doesn't warm the ****les.

If a dispatcher does the job right, they won't get us killed and can get help to us faster. Just like cops (and every other profession on earth), there are good dispatchers, and crappy dispatchers. Thank goodness for the good ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Where to start...? Well if the contract is bad we could lose a lot of people. If you consider that the 35% of the department has less than 2 years experience we could start to lose people very quickly. I heard a rumor that admin feels like we could easily replace anybody lost. We would get the people that are rejected from other depts because of hiring freezes due to the property tax issue. I wonder who they think will train these people if all the fto's walk? By the way, anybody know if they can force fto's to train? Next thing...our newly appt major told us that we are only down something like 25 bodies but we are cutting 11 positions in October so it's really only 14. Keep smoking crack, they ask for OT on nearly every district and every shift. They ask for Sgt OT last week! We have lost about 40-45 people since Jan and the bleeding continues. Wait til Oct when Miami Gardens start accepting applications..... :shock:
    ........They can force all officers to train new people, but its already been discussed that noone will pass training if we are forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Distric2-DOG
    Let’s get one thing clear HONEYBUN, dispatchers get paid to dispatch not to make decisions for officers. You don’t have the slightest idea of what it takes to work the mean streets of Fort Lauderdale.
    I've had an officer that was training ask for a 10-29 on a person and when I discovered the person had 3 possible code 4's out of BSO, I asked that particular unit if he had a 10-94. He told me "No, but my F.T.O. is with me." Last time I checked, FTO's carried guns, badges, and were still POLICE OFFICERS.
    This is a good example of why we should have FLPD dispatchers and not Jenne’s kids. FLPD policies states that while on training recruits are not consider backups. An additional 94 is to be dispatch even though there are two officers present. You won’t find this in the pages of Cosmopolitan nor Glamour or whatever crap you read while on duty.
    because Cassie is one of the few dispatchers who dont take crap from officers. We are NOT here to kiss your asses. We are here to do our jobs.
    TO DO OUR JOBS REALLY??? Like sending officers on the wrong address or not raising 94s on violent 38s. How about incomplete 14 on violent subjects. BSO Dispatchers have no clue about officer safety nor do they care about the welfare of the officers on duty. In the safety of your little air conditioner room, you try to talk the talk but can you walk the walk.
    ................................. Well said.

well said my nutz

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678