New Drama @ FLPD - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Reply to Where do I begin

Just think, some of the correction officers had been there for 20 plus years. and they had no problems or second thoughts about getting rid of them. Do you guys really think they care about you. Let me tell you NO!!! they don't. Let me tell you. They could care less about you.

Just like FLPD communcations in 1999...the city sold them out. County bought them and I hear it hasnt been the same since!!

Quote Originally Posted by Been there done that too
    Just like FLPD communcations in 1999...the city sold them out. County bought them and I hear it hasnt been the same since!!
    Communications has been a lot better since county took it. It saved the city money and we have our own dispatch and our dispatchers are great. Now if they could only get computers in every car that would be nice.

Re: rookie did it

Quote Originally Posted by ya
    rookie guy...not even 6 months got an 07 and withn 6 hours it was not longer a car
    I hope you are not an officer ? because you can even form a proper sentence, but then again with the quality of officers I have seen come through this department in the last 5yrs, I would not be to surprise if you were. I wonder how many reports you get kicked back ? :lol:

Re: rookie did it

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by ya
    rookie guy...not even 6 months got an 07 and withn 6 hours it was not longer a car
    I hope you are not an officer ? because you can even form a proper sentence, but then again with the quality of officers I have seen come through this department in the last 5yrs, I would not be to surprise if you were. I wonder how many reports you get kicked back ? :lol:
    "People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones" Ever hear of capitalizing the first letter of the first word of a new sentence? Or is that even a new sentence? The question mark should be a comma.Because youcan'teven form a proper sentence. Ever hear of a run on sentence? Punctuation is your friend. I would not besuprisedif you were. I guess you're not an English major either. :snicker: :roll: ops: ops: ops:

"Man who lives in glass house should change in basement"

Quote Originally Posted by FLPD OFC
    Communications has been a lot better since county took it. It saved the city money and we have our own dispatch and our dispatchers are great. Now if they could only get computers in every car that would be nice.
    They could put computers in a lot more cars, but cameras have been the priority for months. The last officer to get a laptop was about 4 months ago ( at least by CCN...there may have been one or two FTO's that got one, but I doubt it). They SAY they're recycling computers as they come in....but for the dozen people or so that have quit and had MDT's, not even half of those have been reissued. And I've been hearing for the last year that XX numbers of computers are ON order and will be distributed.
    Officers almost 2 years solo on the road don't have an MDT yet, that's pretty crappy. Besides Plantation MDT's are standard issue with a policy book at every other agency around here.
    Another thing about the cameras: has anyone been trained on how to download the video THEMSELVES and submit it to evidence....b/c as far as I know that hasn't been part of the testing training, which proves that these things are not for OUR benefit and only out to f*** us.

leaving FLPD

Before any of you officers with less that 4 years on leaves for another dept in Florida remember that the entire stated is facing budget issues. FLPD is probably not going to layoff anyone because they are shy 35 officers as it is. Other depts in the state might face financial problems causing them to layoff staff. I had been contemplating leaving but think i might be out of a job if i go somewhere that has a crisis!

Re: leaving FLPD

Quote Originally Posted by morgoli
    they are shy 35 officers as it is.
    This is an ever changing number @ FLPD, no one seems to know really how many officers the agency is down.

But you're right about not leaving, most agencies are at a hiring freeze and the grass is not always greener on the other side. But of course once you leave, you will realize how a$$-backwards FLPD really is and come to the conclusion that the things that you used to get away with in District 2 just don't fly elsewhere............

We do have 12 people in the academy. 3 graduate in about a month, 5 in under 3 months and 4 just started.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast