Overtime/Off Duty Jobs

Overtime/Off Duty Jobs

Quick question at SPPD when can an officer start to work off duty jobs? Is it right out of FTO or after probation? If not until after probation how often will you get regular duty overtime hours? Are officers frequently held over at the end of thier shifts? Any answers will be very helpful thanks.

Don't you ger tired of asking these fabricated BS questions

Why dont you just answer his questions? You wonder why people are leaving? As I can see, there are the same 7 people responding with disgruntled comments and cheapshots under the darkness of a computer. Why dont you relax, sit back and count your days down until retirement. Or just get a new job in security.

The same person asking the who, what, where, when and how questions about working at the SPPD. Do you honestly think there are that many people seeking a job at the SPPD looking for answers on this site.....NOT!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

To: just asking

Ref: Off duty & Overtime for Patrol

Don't go worrying about getting off duty jobs.
    Due to our current street manpower levels: You'll find yourself on any shift making more $$$$ being held over and doing a few hours OT every few days more productive financially, then working off duty jobs. Also, understand that a certain amount of that overtime will be equated into your pension. Then again, there are those events yearly where one or more of your days off will be canceled due to manpower needs for SPECIAL City Events. And if you're really lucky !
    You can be part of our -12 on 12 off- Hurricane Watch FUN.

You gotta Join SPPD..........

Even if it's just: for entertainment purposes only

I like the 12 Hr Hurricane shifts. Thats good money. Come on weather, help us out a little. Once a year Hurricane fear is ok with me

Do you guys ever hire other officers from other agencies to work these special events?

No, I am not a trooper. If I were, I would be out working off duty and not have the time to post here.

There are alot of other state agencies that do not get the overtime or the off duty that the Troopers get that would be willing to work these events or any off duty jobs that you guys can't fill. We just do not know who to talk too.