Out of town Officer - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Just to confirm what FLPD said..Boston we are cop friendly here..NO worries I goot MASS State NARC buddies that visit and you guys can come up to us as well..We will take care of you

[quote=FT Laud PD]I agree with a previous comment about posting on these wed sites, they do, and have caused nothing but problems and rifts in PD brotherhood. I like Boston PD's attitude about not posting here. However since it was mentioned, cops in Florida don't write other cops unless you run into the Florida Highway Patrol. Every municiple or county agency in FL feels that way about them down here. It is a shame though and you are right in that respect. Those guys write cops all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by "Five Oh":1mngivl9
    You have to understand these FL cops dont understand what a brotherhood is. They are to busy writing cops and police family members tickets. They treat out of state officers just as bad. Bunch of idiots working in south Florida. Best cops come from the Northeast NYPD Boston, Philly, and NJ. They take this job way to seriously. Most dont have any common sense. Becareful when visiting.
    [/quote:1mngivl9]

HEY!!!

Boston PD makes some interesting and valuable points about public forums. Some of the things I've seen elsewhere are ugly. I'm from the Boston area as a child and know the area somewhat. I don't doubt for a minute they WILL take care of one of us if we are there for a visit. Makes me want to visit again!

Re: Out of town Officer

You guys are making me miss home....

Boston is my home town but I have been a Cop in FLA for twenty years and I hate to see one writer dump all the FLA Cops into one bag.
    He has a point, a lot of the Cops in FLA don't know what a brotherhood is but that is because they don't really know any better. I have never, and never will write a Cop or his family member. We all who no better just have to keep teaching the young guys what a brotherhood is. The city that I work for was founded in 1960. I love Boston, I wish you all the best and a safe day!

Re:

[quote=FT Laud PD]I agree with a previous comment about posting on these wed sites, they do, and have caused nothing but problems and rifts in PD brotherhood. I like Boston PD's attitude about not posting here. However since it was mentioned, cops in Florida don't write other cops unless you run into the Florida Highway Patrol. Every municiple or county agency in FL feels that way about them down here. It is a shame though and you are right in that respect. Those guys write cops all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by "Five Oh":1uoxmrmw
    You have to understand these FL cops dont understand what a brotherhood is. They are to busy writing cops and police family members tickets. They treat out of state officers just as bad. Bunch of idiots working in south Florida. Best cops come from the Northeast NYPD Boston, Philly, and NJ. They take this job way to seriously. Most dont have any common sense. Becareful when visiting.
    [/quote:1uoxmrmw]

Oh come on man that hurts. I am a Trooper in Broward County and I do not write cops, cop's immediate family, or firefighters. Every agency has a few but for the most part us Troopers don't write other cops. Stay safe!

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by PBSO
    Thanks for the 13 people who viewed this for posting a comment for a fellow officer. Really shows brotherhood... Dont worry though, if Im walking down the street while im there and see one of you in trouble, Ill still back you up.

Your a disgrace to the PBSO and the State of Florida, why do all you deputies in Florida think your so special. Your Troopers are nothing but professional i've met several of them here, try and act like them and you may get courtesy in return.

Re: Re:

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by FT Laud PD
    I agree with a previous comment about posting on these wed sites, they do, and have caused nothing but problems and rifts in PD brotherhood. I like Boston PD's attitude about not posting here. However since it was mentioned, cops in Florida don't write other cops unless you run into the Florida Highway Patrol. Every municiple or county agency in FL feels that way about them down here. It is a shame though and you are right in that respect. Those guys write cops all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by "Five Oh":134mt2tq
    Oh come on man that hurts. I am a Trooper in Broward County and I do not write cops, cop's immediate family, or firefighters. Every agency has a few but for the most part us Troopers don't write other cops. Stay safe![/quote:134mt2tq]

There alot of bad cops in Florida, the city PDs will hire anyone and the SOs are no better. The quality in Florida is not like up north, as for the Florida Troopers, don't be fooled by what you hear, they are for the most part good guys, work solo and they do give courtesy I for 1 found that out on the Florida Turnpike. But like any State Police, Highway Patrol they are rigid but fair. Again we had alot of bad cops in Florida Miami PD and Orlando PD are amonst the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Ret. from Ma.
    Boston is my home town but I have been a Cop in FLA for twenty years and I hate to see one writer dump all the FLA Cops into one bag.
    He has a point, a lot of the Cops in FLA don't know what a brotherhood is but that is because they don't really know any better. I have never, and never will write a Cop or his family member. We all who no better just have to keep teaching the young guys what a brotherhood is. The city that I work for was founded in 1960. I love Boston, I wish you all the best and a safe day!
    The absolute biggest problem in FLA is everyone wants to be the big fish in the pond yet none are, the Sheriffs all think they are Gods, and there just little fish in the FLA pond but big in their own little county, the cities hire whats left and quality isn't high on the agenda, proof is what they complain about in forums. The State don't pay anything but usually Troopers and Game Wardens and State Investigators do it because they love the job not the pay. What you hear is FLA forums are citizens acting like cops and local cops complaining about State Cops (I read the Statute on your State Cops down there, they have full arrest powers just like MSP) and locals pounding their chest making themselves out to be more than what they are. Florida needs State Leadership just like they have in MASS. When you lead from the bottom of the food chain municiple police and Sheriffs, you will have disorganization because they are too many and too many opinions. God forbid Terrorism came to FLA their is no State Leadership and everyone fighting for power. Here in MASS its the State Police and we work well in the scope of leadership here. Florida you are backwards in this respect and in the long run your citizens will suffer while your sheriffs and cities scramble and thump thier chests.A State Police or Highway Patrol needs to be in charge for the sake of organization and uniformity, thats why we in MASS look and do as well as we do, and FLA law enforcement looks like an unorganized leaderless state. proof of what i'm saying is the forums in florida all bashing the State and all claiming thier greatness. Little man syndrom

The reply from the BPD officer was correct, there is no need to air differences on a web board but what do you SE Florida guys do? Immediately start badmouthing people on this forum.

Shut up and listen for a change, you act like a bunch of children!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast