Out of town Officer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Out of town Officer

I work in Narc for Palm Beach Sheriffs Office,Florida. Im visiting Boston in September, can anyone reccommend any good sights/bars/etc to see while in there?

Thanks for the 13 people who viewed this for posting a comment for a fellow officer. Really shows brotherhood... Dont worry though, if Im walking down the street while im there and see one of you in trouble, Ill still back you up.

Re: Out of town Officer

Quote Originally Posted by PBSO
    I work in Narc for Palm Beach Sheriffs Office,Florida. Im visiting Boston in September, can anyone reccommend any good sights/bars/etc to see while in there?
    I'm an officer in Palm Beach County and originally from Bean Town. Red Sox games are always a good time. As far as sight seeing in Boston, the Freedom Trail is cool, ton's of history. Salem, Ma is a fun place to visit, it's about 15 miles north of Boston. The Witch trials took place there. There are a bunch of great pubs to include the Purple Shamrock and the Harp. The Boston Aquarium and the Museum of Science are a great place to see. Whale watching tours are fun too. You go about 40 miles off shore to catch a glimpse of the amazing humpback whales.

I hope this gives you some ideas. Enjoy your visit up to New England. I love Palm Beach County but my home will always be in New England. Make sure you pack some warm clothes.

Have fun and stay safe.

Thanks Bro, It really helps.

I agree with BBPD, everything he mentioned is a good time. You may also want to check out Copley Square. There is alot of good restaurants and bars including the infamous Cheers. If you go see a Red Sox game you should check out the bar/restaurant Game On. It's right across the street from Fenway and it has a good atmosphere and good food. The Duck Tours is another good one. It's a very good way to see the sights of Boston both in and out of the water. You will like Boston, it's a great city with alot of history. I am a police officer in the Western part of Massachusetts and I try to get out to Boston as much as I can.

On a side note I am hoping to transfer down to Florida within the next year and I am very interested in PBSO. I just went through the E.O.T. course and passed the state exam, so I am Florida certified. I would greatly appreciate it if you could PM me so I could ask a few questions about your agency.

Thanks Bro,

Stay Safe & Watch Your Six!

PBSO is a good agency and our new sheriff is doing alot of good for us. Im new to LEO Affairs, so Im not sure what PM means, but please email me at Ciscob@PBSO.ORG Id be happy to help you in any way I can

Quote Originally Posted by PBSO
    Thanks for the 13 people who viewed this for posting a comment for a fellow officer. Really shows brotherhood... Dont worry though, if Im walking down the street while im there and see one of you in trouble, Ill still back you up.
    Well PBSO brother.. Boston PD is the first and most professional Police Dept. in the USA. Unlike Fla departments we do not and will not converse on a public website such as this. Do not take offense its just after hundreds of years of policing and seeing things of this nature we have become wise enough not to responed. In the future you to along with many of the Fla officers will learn this lesson. Nothing good can come from this website..

Please feel free to call us directly at the POLICE DEPT. as we are very pro police and will assist you in any way we can.. be safe

AS A FORMER BPD, I CAN SAY WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT YOU WILL BE TREATED WITH GREAT RESPECT WHEN YOU VISIT OUR CITY. ALSO, SINCE WE HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR OVER 200 YEARS, WE HAVE LEARNED ALOT AND PLEASE GO ONLINE AND FIND ANY LOCAL DITRICT PHONE # AND YOU WILL ALWAYS GET HELP. STAY SAFE.

You have to understand these FL cops dont understand what a brotherhood is. They are to busy writing cops and police family members tickets. They treat out of state officers just as bad. Bunch of idiots working in south Florida. Best cops come from the Northeast NYPD Boston, Philly, and NJ. They take this job way to seriously. Most dont have any common sense. Becareful when visiting.

I agree with a previous comment about posting on these wed sites, they do, and have caused nothing but problems and rifts in PD brotherhood. I like Boston PD's attitude about not posting here. However since it was mentioned, cops in Florida don't write other cops unless you run into the Florida Highway Patrol. Every municiple or county agency in FL feels that way about them down here. It is a shame though and you are right in that respect. Those guys write cops all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Oh
    You have to understand these FL cops dont understand what a brotherhood is. They are to busy writing cops and police family members tickets. They treat out of state officers just as bad. Bunch of idiots working in south Florida. Best cops come from the Northeast NYPD Boston, Philly, and NJ. They take this job way to seriously. Most dont have any common sense. Becareful when visiting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast