"Specialized" Scenarios - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have mixed emotions about this topic, on one hand I hate C.S. with a passion but love the the crisis intervention even thorugh thats a specialized unit. When it comes down to it I think the reason everyone Bit*hes and moans about C.S. and not the other "specilized" events is because we all love the kick a*s's now and take names later part of the events. When it comes down to pure knowladge, and understanding of criminal minds a lot of us dont want to do it or get too lazy to try. In the end my opinion is that we keep it how it is and maybe even ADD a few more forget this partol based b.s. Not saying we should put full SWAT gear on and serve warrents (although that would be fun) but its true Explorering is all about learning the FULL aspect of law enforcement and I think the competition should be the same...

Quote Originally Posted by State champ.
    I have mixed emotions about this topic, on one hand I hate C.S. with a passion but love the the crisis intervention even thorugh thats a specialized unit. When it comes down to it I think the reason everyone Bit*hes and moans about C.S. and not the other "specilized" events is because we all love the kick a*s's now and take names later part of the events. When it comes down to pure knowladge, and understanding of criminal minds a lot of us dont want to do it or get too lazy to try. In the end my opinion is that we keep it how it is and maybe even ADD a few more forget this partol based b.s. Not saying we should put full SWAT gear on and serve warrents (although that would be fun) but its true Explorering is all about learning the FULL aspect of law enforcement and I think the competition should be the same...
    I agree-very good view!!!!!

its so easy to tell when a certain someone posts something because hes the only person in the world whose computer doesnt have a spell check

the answer here is very simple. if you want to WIN, train for the scenarios at states. ive been an exp for 5 years , 4 states and this states was BY ar the most straight foward. people need to stop overthinking the scenarios and calmly evaluate their actions. thats how u win

Quote Originally Posted by its a Hemi
    the answer here is very simple. if you want to WIN, train for the scenarios at states. ive been an exp for 5 years , 4 states and this states was BY ar the most straight foward. people need to stop overthinking the scenarios and calmly evaluate their actions. thats how u win
    Thats fine, but for Crime Scene for example instead of FDLE judging it with their "specialized crime Scene" Techs have a Police Officer Tech. Shoot some of the questions they were asking last STATE were ridiculous and the only reason we got them right was because we had a Soon to be CSI on our team. If we didnt we would have never none the special database they were asking about or specific key terms.

[quote=I dont know]
    Quote Originally Posted by "its a Hemi":1k9sqtxi
    Thats fine, but for Crime Scene for example instead of FDLE judging it with their "specialized crime Scene" Techs have a Police Officer Tech. Shoot some of the questions they were asking last STATE were ridiculous and the only reason we got them right was because we had a Soon to be CSI on our team. If we didnt we would have never none the special database they were asking about or specific key terms.[/quote:1k9sqtxi]

Sorry I have a typo in the above comment "would have known"

I know how some people like to jump on you for a miss spelling.

Re: "Specialized" Scenarios

Quote Originally Posted by Loud Mouth
    So it was the topic in the delegates meeting at state about why we have specialized scenarios and that some of us thought we were going to stick to just patrol scenarios...

Take for example the hostage negotiation... Please tell me what patrol officer is going to roll up to the call and already have a throw phone and all the gadgets we used at state this year?

Jay Smith countered the claim about the specialized scenarios by stating that "WE" keep requesting new interesting scenarios. Yes this is true, but we've also said patrol based. He then to the affect said you can only do soo much until you have to open the door to specialized units to make it interesting. I think this is false. Because we are requesting new interesting stuff doesn’t mean we want to do a scenario on computer crimes investigation (just an example).

Take the traffic stop scenario.. Last year you stopped an SUV for 2 traffic infractions, this year you stopped a Motorcycle for 1 traffic infraction and then had another with not having his license.. This is a perfect example of the request for new and interesting. Wow instead of being in a car this year you were on a bike. When we ask for new and interesting I think I can speak for everyone by saying hey maybe a DUI this year or a High Risk traffic stop I think that would be new or interesting seeing how it hasn’t been done in awhile.

Just because we ask for new and interesting doesn’t mean we need to get into the specialized.

The purpose of state comp scenarios should not be so difficult that you need to be an officer to get them(because remember we are NOT officers yet) it should be normal everyday things that an officer may encounter but maybe with a twist.

Think we have posts that cant even master the normal everyday scenarios that we do, how can you expect them to do a specialized scenario?

Actually, Loud Mouth, patrol officers are sometimes called upon to negotiate. Once the Hostage Negotiation Team arrives, if the patrol officer has already established rapport, the team will set up the throw phones and the patrol officer becomes the primary negotiator with the team coaching him/her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12