floating away in n port

floating away in n port

boy o boy drainage is a real issue in north port waht up????????? i need a boat for a patrol car

agree desoto county has better road and we are a city geeeeeeeee :cry:

When has it rained enough for drainage to be a problem?

From a historical perspective, old timers have always joked that North Port is either "on fire or flooded."
    • North Port was built on swampland.[/*:m:2s67lddg]
    • A corporation came to North Port starting in the 1950s and they:
      a) drained the swamps
      b) build all the roads that lead to nowhere that are now crumbling[/*:m:2s67lddg]
    • After the swamps were drained, North Port became a very dry place and it caught fire really easily. The pine trees were lightening rods and whenever lightening struck, a fire would start.[/*:m:2s67lddg]
    • Even though the swamps were drained, the area is still a lowland and when heavy rains come, it's impossible to fully drain off all the water. There are parts of North Port that will always be subject to flooding because the area is simply too low to adequately drain off all the water, regardless of anything that the commissioners do. That's one reason why houses are built so high. Each house is on it's own mountain, but when the flooding comes, you're trapped because if you try to drive away, your car will sink!!! Your house becomes it's own island!!!![/*:m:2s67lddg]
    • In the 1950s, the corporation built zillions of roads that lead to nowhere and they sold those tracts of lands to northerners who wanted to live the Florida dream -- but the Northerners never came and the streets remained empty. Now they're crumbling. In the 1960s, 70s, 80s and 90s, those streets (in the middle of nowhere) were used by drug traffickers to fly in their drugs. Temporary landing lights would be placed to guide-in the aircraft. After the aircraft unloaded it's cargo, then the plane would take off and the temporary landing lights would be removed and the traffickers would drive away with their haul. It was impossible to catch them. Those streets (back then) were like a rats maze. If you drove in there at night, you would get lost and it could take hours to figure out how to get out of there. [/*:m:2s67lddg]
    Everything about North Port is weird. Very very weird!!!!

you hit the nail and you are very right now can we get some street lights and drainage and paved streets and stores and entertainment and a hospital.

WE ARE GOING TO NEED A JAIL ALSO :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by rookie officer
    you hit the nail and you are very right now can we get some street lights and drainage and paved streets and stores and entertainment and a hospital.
    Oh my god! If you really work here that would sad. Judging from the post, there is no way you would pass through training. That is quite a run on sentence.

Oh my god! If you really work here that would sad :shock: (NICE SENTENCE, DONKEY. :shock: Judging from the post, there is no way you would pass through training. That is quite a run on sentence.

ditto well i quess we dont hire good spellers. i read yours and its just as bad HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOSER :wink: