ACTIVE SHOOTER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ACTIVE SHOOTER

ACTIVE SHOOTER

what did you think of ACTIVE SHOOTER... were you prepared for it... Likes and dislikes

It was pretty good the only thing I didnt like was useing strickly Time as the decider for winner's. I understand that the point is to respond in a rapid manner but I think saftey and some other factors should be taken into account. Overall it was bad ass and to be honest I even cought myself getting tunnel vision just imange if it was the real thing. Kind of expected a little more as far as shooter's movement. Cant wait to see what they do wiht it next year.
    But first lets get rid of CRIME SCENE we have specilized units for that and its not US. LOl

Quote Originally Posted by Pines 108
    It was pretty good the only thing I didnt like was useing strickly Time as the decider for winner's. I understand that the point is to respond in a rapid manner but I think saftey and some other factors should be taken into account. Overall it was bad arse and to be honest I even cought myself getting tunnel vision just imange if it was the real thing. Kind of expected a little more as far as shooter's movement. Cant wait to see what they do wiht it next year.
    But first lets get rid of CRIME SCENE we have specilized units for that and its not US. LOl

Well that your right on .... I hate CRIME SCENE ... But the active shooter was not only based on time but tactical approach and moving and what you called out on the radio and how and when u entered the bulinging

I just want to say that I like crime scene, I'm from a little town, where we don't actually have a crime scene unit, so our normal officers are called out there.

PPD Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Crime Scene
    I just want to say that I like crime scene, I'm from a little town, where we don't actually have a crime scene unit, so our normal officers are called out there.
    Well I guess that is a good reason but most of us prolly have a crimescene unit ... Correct me if im wrong.... But did you like active shooter

[quote=PPD Explorer]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Pines 108":oz6wr2jx
    It was pretty good the only thing I didnt like was useing strickly Time as the decider for winner's. I understand that the point is to respond in a rapid manner but I think saftey and some other factors should be taken into account. Overall it was bad arse and to be honest I even cought myself getting tunnel vision just imange if it was the real thing. Kind of expected a little more as far as shooter's movement. Cant wait to see what they do wiht it next year.

Well that your right on .... I hate CRIME SCENE ... But the active shooter was not only based on time but tactical approach and moving and what you called out on the radio and how and when u entered the bulinging[/quotez6wr2jx]

well like one other person said Im from a small town where our potrol officers ARE you CS unit! to me it was fun and if you cant prepare for someting like that why are you in this association? the point of comp. is to be ready for ANYTHING! so get ready for CS!!! geez if you trophied you'd be like LETS KEEP IT but just b/c you didnt you're all pissed! we didnt either and we still prepare! you want to be cops? they dont tell you 'okay sweetie, your going to a CRIME SCENE. okay a CRIME SCENE!!! be perpared...heres what you need to know!' no and even if they do tell you most of the time it changes!!!!

[quote=post435hollyhill]
    Quote Originally Posted by PPD Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by "Pines 108":1q2cdwdx

Well that your right on .... I hate CRIME SCENE ... But the active shooter was not only based on time but tactical approach and moving and what you called out on the radio and how and when u entered the bulinging

well like one other person said Im from a small town where our potrol officers ARE you CS unit! to me it was fun and if you cant prepare for someting like that why are you in this association? the point of comp. is to be ready for ANYTHING! so get ready for CS!!! geez if you trophied you'd be like LETS KEEP IT but just b/c you didnt you're all pissed! we didnt either and we still prepare! you want to be cops? they dont tell you 'okay sweetie, your going to a CRIME SCENE. okay a CRIME SCENE!!! be perpared...heres what you need to know!' no and even if they do tell you most of the time it changes!!!![/quote:1q2cdwdx]

this 1st post had nothing to do with crime scene ... its about ACTIVE SHOOTER.... i am not a CS unit . I want the to process the scene so we can get back on the road and handle real calls that need a officer on scene ... If a non sworn crime scene tech can do the job why take a officer off the road

well like one other person said Im from a small town where our potrol officers ARE you CS unit! to me it was fun and if you cant prepare for someting like that why are you in this association? the point of comp. is to be ready for ANYTHING! so get ready for CS!!! geez if you trophied you'd be like LETS KEEP IT but just b/c you didnt you're all pissed! we didnt either and we still prepare! you want to be cops? they dont tell you 'okay sweetie, your going to a CRIME SCENE. okay a CRIME SCENE!!! be perpared...heres what you need to know!' no and even if they do tell you most of the time it changes!!!!

Well incase you wernt awake durring closing you may have missed when they called first place crime scene Pembroke Pines... I know its hard to remember since we were up on stage so much that day.... So ya that takes care of that and I agree with PPD Explorer Crime scene is something that a non sworn tech can handle and should handle sorry that your dept. makes officers do bit*h work but that ant my problem. I think it should be involved in another scene like in progress you arrive do your investagation and just the basic's rope off the scene set up a log and thats crime scene.. Thats what REAL OFFICERS do down south I dont know how it works in the boondocks... I guess the only way to solve this is by a vote at delegates.....

P.S. hope theres no hard feelings just a lil friendly debate. See everyone in september

Re: PPD Explorer

[quote=PPD Explorer]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Crime Scene":3taiznks
    Well I guess that is a good reason but most of us prolly have a crimescene unit ... Correct me if im wrong.... But did you like active shooter[/quote:3taiznks]

Yes, I LOVED Active Shooter.
    I didn't like the time based scoring, but they are going to be changing it to normal scoring next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pines 108

Well incase you wernt awake durring closing you may have missed when they called first place crime scene Pembroke Pines... I know its hard to remember since we were up on stage so much that day.... So ya that takes care of that and I agree with PPD Explorer Crime scene is something that a non sworn tech can handle and should handle sorry that your dept. makes officers do bit*h work but that ant my problem. I think it should be involved in another scene like in progress you arrive do your investagation and just the basic's rope off the scene set up a log and thats crime scene.. Thats what REAL OFFICERS do down south I dont know how it works in the boondocks... I guess the only way to solve this is by a vote at delegates.....

P.S. hope theres no hard feelings just a lil friendly debate. See everyone in september
    okay lil Mr 'PINES 108' I hope that you feel good about yourself...oh yeah I hope that you enjoy you trophy..see this is what makes these boards and the assoc. so unfair at sometimes. because you can just sit behind you little keyboard and get into an argument with somebody who lives a few hundred miles away!!!
    and where do you get off calling Holly Hill and places like us that have 20-30 officers the boondocks? sorry honey, maybe you need to go back to school down in you little Pembroke and realise that Holly Hill and the Daytona area is a lot better and we have a lot better people 'up' here. we don't walk around with our head in the sky thinking we're the s**t. we have won NATIONALS!!! but we don't brag and put other people down for it? No! you need to get you facts straight before you bring DRAMA to the websites and assoc.

P.S.
    I'm sorry that our officers actually know what there doing and don't have to worry about calling in another dept. to HELP us with stuff we can do. maybe YOU should start calling yourselves the boondocks after all we do all of our own stuff and actually do it well.
    btw: ya you did just get told off by a 16 year old! :snicker:
    kthxbye

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast