We should be given the option to carry firearms - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: We should be given the option to carry firearms

Quote Originally Posted by armed and dangerous
    I believe that dispatchers should be given the option to be trained and certified to carry handguns, at least while working. This is a major concern for most dispatchers and as a dispatcher for over 7 years, I think I can safely speak for most of us. Allowing us to work armed would not only empower us as women but would allow us to assist if our police stations were ever attacked by terrorists. Further the Dispatch Supervisors could be issued long-guns and we could check our firearms in and out before each shift. IT ONLY MAKES SENSE.
    Are you kiddin' me? Your username says it all ! You girls/guys don't get along with each other, that's all we need....HEADLINES... dispatcher kills another and injures 3 while unable to take a break for dinner.....now, who's going to dispatch that call to fire rescue? :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm not sure we need guns, but it would be nice if we could electrify the radios....

Whats the problem

Unbelievable...some of you just don't get it. I never said that we would be police officers or SWAT members. I love being a dispatcher. But I still think, like many fellow Dispatchers who have come forward in support, that we should be issued firearms, IN CASE we are called upon to act. We would only use are guns in extreme emergencies such as attacks on the department by terrorist groups or as extra firepower during natural disasters / riot situations. I would be happy if I never needed to fire my handgun or shoot a terrorist but if it comes to that, I will be ready, along with other smart minded Dispatchers. And please stop with the hate comments. I am just giving my comman sence suggestions on behalf of concerned proffesionals.

Re: Whats the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Armed and Dangerous
    Unbelievable...some of you just don't get it. I never said that we would be police officers or SWAT members. I love being a dispatcher. But I still think, like many fellow Dispatchers who have come forward in support, that we should be issued firearms, IN CASE we are called upon to act. We would only use are guns in extreme emergencies such as attacks on the department by terrorist groups or as extra firepower during natural disasters / riot situations. I would be happy if I never needed to fire my handgun or shoot a terrorist but if it comes to that, I will be ready, along with other smart minded Dispatchers. And please stop with the hate comments. I am just giving my comman sence suggestions on behalf of concerned proffesionals.

I love your last sentence. Talking about common sense and professionals, but not being able to spell them.

Where in your "Department Issued Pajamas" would you carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

I love your last sentence. Talking about common sense and professionals, but not being able to spell them.

I think someones on to you OPPD.

I think someones on to you OPPD.
    That really spears me.

LOL!!! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by superlw8

Super, why are you posting here while on duty and on agency computer? Don't you have anything better to do like maybe your JOB???????

Re: Just wondering?

Quote Originally Posted by on duty
    Quote Originally Posted by superlw8

Super, why are you posting here while on duty and on agency computer? Don't you have anything better to do like maybe your JOB???????
    :wink: Was that on duty or a deputy?! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by on duty
    Listen, you obviously have a huge problem with me, you are following me around this forum posting crazy stuff everywhere I write.

If you have that big of a problem with me, PM with your personal info and we can talk about it like grown-ups?

Unfortunately for you, everywhere you try and burn me you are wrong. There are plenty of people on this forum who know exactly who I am and everytime you try and "catch me" with something you look ridiculous, stop now, or grow a pair and talk to me in person.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast