Diet Suggestions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Diet Suggestions

Does anyone have any good ideas? The feed troff at work is so tough to resist. When I'm not gossiping, or denying meal breaks, I cant keep the food out of my mouth. The elevator broke last week and now I have to take the stairs for my smoke breaks. What should I do. I'm also eyeing this good looking sergeant who is in the drop plan and promises he will leave his wife. As one of the last straight ones dispatching, it is really tough.

How Stupid

Take your stupid idiotic posts and go some where else. If you cant come to the dispacther site with positive things to talk about then dont come at all. Just another ass hole trying to bash dispatchers. Were not all like that. Get a life dude.

Re: Diet Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Bessie
    Does anyone have any good ideas? The feed troff at work is so tough to resist. When I'm not gossiping, or denying meal breaks, I cant keep the food out of my mouth. The elevator broke last week and now I have to take the stairs for my smoke breaks. What should I do. I'm also eyeing this good looking sergeant who is in the drop plan and promises he will leave his wife. As one of the last straight ones dispatching, it is really tough.

That is Hillarious ! ! ! ! !

It's not true

Making fun of dispatcher's is NOT funny. We work hard to keep you safe on the streets. Furthermore, we sacrifice just as much as you do, just in a different way. Our weight problem is a result of us having to constantly sit in dispatch to serve you. ALSO we are forced to order take-out because we can't just get up and stop at a resturant like you can. Count yourself lucky that you have the option to eat someplace healthy because the delivery places we are forced to order from are fast-food....but we dont have a choice. And speaking of diner breaks, could you not 10-50 someone or stop that same homeless guy (that you've stopped 10 times before) during the times you know we are trying to eat. We take our meal breaks & our coffee breaks in and around the same time every night so why do you have do generate activity then. Please think of others. Lastly, please don't discriminate against us with weight issues. Obesity is a disease, something we have little to no control over. You would never make fun of a cripple but thinks it's perfectly fine to make fat jokes about us dispatchers. If you would simply look past physical beauty and try and get to know us on the inside, you would find that we are can be date worthy too. So please think before you post something cruel about us in the future.

Re:Now That's FUNNY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny
    Making fun of dispatcher's is NOT funny. We work hard to keep you safe on the streets. Furthermore, we sacrifice just as much as you do, just in a different way. Our weight problem is a result of us having to constantly sit in dispatch to serve you. ALSO we are forced to order take-out because we can't just get up and stop at a resturant like you can. Count yourself lucky that you have the option to eat someplace healthy because the delivery places we are forced to order from are fast-food....but we dont have a choice. And speaking of diner breaks, could you not 10-50 someone or stop that same homeless guy (that you've stopped 10 times before) during the times you know we are trying to eat. We take our meal breaks & our coffee breaks in and around the same time every night so why do you have do generate activity then. Please think of others. Lastly, please don't discriminate against us with weight issues. Obesity is a disease, something we have little to no control over. You would never make fun of a cripple but thinks it's perfectly fine to make fat jokes about us dispatchers. If you would simply look past physical beauty and try and get to know us on the inside, you would find that we are can be date worthy too. So please think before you post something cruel about us in the future.
    :lol: :lol: You had me at date worthy........LMAO!!!!..... :lol: :lol:

You are in the center to do a job. The people working the road DO NOT and should not have to work around your meal and break schedule. Your career is public service; neither public nor deputy gives a rats behind about what time you eat and drink coffee, nor should they. If you have been in this profession for any length of time, you would know this and wouldn't have posted in the 1st place. In your line of work, ANYTHING can happen at ANYTIME and you must be prepared. So, bring your meal from home (a nice healthy salad in a cooler works great) and coffee is bad for you anyways. And just another note, I dispatched for 12 years, I ate a lot, and I am overweight. I don't blame the job OR the cops.

omg

Omg you have got to be kidding me? Please dont go S50 while I'm stuffing my face? What is that all about? I'm a dispatcher too who brings in a salad every night for lunch. Not only do I refuse to waste money on take out, I don't feel like putting on the extra pounds. Please, someone confess to joking around with that post because Jenny just made us all sound like the "typical dispatcher" rep.

Well, all this bashing crap aside........I think it is a TRAVESTY that you ladies and gentlemen working in the comm centers cannot get up and walk away from your consoles and eat your meals away fromt he noise of the job. If they make you eat at your consoles, you should not be charged for the "10-40" time.....what is it, a 1/2 hour???? No way...what kind of break is taht atyour work station??

Re: How Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk
    Take your stupid idiotic posts and go some where else. If you cant come to the dispacther site with positive things to talk about then dont come at all. Just another arse hole trying to bash dispatchers. Were not all like that. Get a life dude.
    Did you recent my post or resemble it? Which part was a little too close to home? Can't we all laugh at ourselves a little? I think Jenny understands. She and I could have a lot of fun together! Uh oh... 10-94 code III...... cant type, eat, and dispatch at the same time....later.

Once again

No I do not resemeble your post. I am a senior dispatcher and I am not overweight. It is the point behind the things you said. We all know the shit rolls down hill and always lands on the dispatcher. It is the typical sterotyping that goes along with being a dispacher that I do not like. Not all of us are fat. Not all of us are bad dispatchers. Some of us do care about the jobs we do and the officers whose lives we are in charge of. I just get sick and tired of everything always being radios fault. I have seen numerous officers/deputys that are well above their required weight. But do we make fun of them. NO!!! So why is there so much negativity? Why can we not look for the positive things we as dispatchers do. What difference does it make if were fat or skinny, as long as we do are jobs and are good at what we do. Were just a voice, looks should not even be a factor. But thanks for you insight since you seem to think you have so much of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast