possible layoffs
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

possible layoffs

over 160 might lose their jobs. hmmmm. i wonder how manywould be civillian. i wonder how many would be toop brass like so many of the not neeeded lts and commanders and capatains and yes even a chief of two. maybe just maybe a cut back on some funds is not that bad an idea to clean this top heavy place up. maybe a better sheriff too.

okay, i typed sloooooowwwwwlllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy. and i am now ready for the attacks from the rose colored glassess wearing regulars...

there is fat to trim.

Yeah I saw the sheriff on t.v. talking about that. Is he kidding or what? So far he's the only one in southwest florida that wants layoff people.

Guaranteed that the layoffs will be among the troops. The sheriff knew that this situation was looming, yet he did not hold back from making numerous new promotions of his loyalists to positions of commanders and a new chief, a person who has retired a couple times and is allowed to take several months a year off to travel. This chief commands one other person, a newly promoted commander, who commands no one else. These promotions were solely to provide these loyalists raises that amounted to approximately $10,000 each. And be assured that the sheriff is not going to do away with his new toys, like the multi-thousand dollar unused situation room that caused many employees to lose space and be crammed into less favorable working conditions. And let's not forget the thousands of dollars being spent on high cost Ford Explorers for the all the captains and chiefs who don't need them. Of course the idea is that these vehicles will be used in the event of hurricanes, but do you really believe that the brass is going to give up their vehicle during a storm? Nope, they'll use the vehicles themselves to get to and from the office. Mobile observation towers and all the other toys for the favored units will not be victims of cost cutting. It will be manpower. Watch and see troops from less favored specialty units such as crime prevention and youth relations are not reallocated to the road to fill in for laid off road patrol deputies. These are units popular with the public and will be the sheriff's way of punishing the public for cutting his funding. "If you want these services, then increase my funds". Retnuh is very correct in his assertion that it is time for a new sheriff. And time for a reduction in the top heavy command staff.

I am starting to believe the hype. Hunter seems to do whatever he wants, with little regard for us.

the worst thing is that Don actually thinks he is fooling all of us, and that we are dumb enough to believe him. He has no credibility anymore. He is not a cop, not a good leader and is shucking and jiving to save a failing political career.

all he has to do is get rid of the administators that have no span of control and we'll all be fine - i guess all those raises and promotions they gave themselves is coming back to bite em.

How to spot a POSER

It is obvious that after two days no one feels the same as you retnuh. It is even more obvious that although there are 7 posts to this thread, only one or two actually did the postings. When you do this you are referred to as a “Poser”.

Definition of a Poser: (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poser)

1. One who pretends to be someone whose not.

2. Who tries to fit in but with exaggeration.

3. Any one who does not follow his/her own ideas of what he/she likes. Following no one set norm makes you real and following no one set norm makes you poser. Poser is governed not by the clothes, music, or makeup you wear, but rather by the state of your mind and the conformity to your own beliefs.

4. A person who attempts to blend into a specific social group

That sends a strong message in Message Board Etiquette: If you post a thread you should not have to post additional information under a pseudo name in an effort to make your point or validate your thoughts and beliefs.

There have been no responses by any of the registered users and yet there have been over 170 views of this thread (At the time of this writing).

Based on the following information it is clear that this is a dead issue. The real issue is not the Sheriff but the proposed tax cuts and how they will affect ALL of public service.

If anything you should be glad that Sheriff Hunter is in office and represents our county. He is one of the few political figures in this state that carries enough weight to even be heard in Tallahassee.

When you are ready to discuss the real issues then post something intelligent about that issue and not as a Poser trying to slam our Sheriff.

Re: How to spot a POSER

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise
    It is obvious that after two days no one feels the same as you retnuh. It is even more obvious that although there are 7 posts to this thread, only one or two actually did the postings. When you do this you are referred to as a “Poser”.

Definition of a Poser: (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poser)

1. One who pretends to be someone whose not.

2. Who tries to fit in but with exaggeration.

3. Any one who does not follow his/her own ideas of what he/she likes. Following no one set norm makes you real and following no one set norm makes you poser. Poser is governed not by the clothes, music, or makeup you wear, but rather by the state of your mind and the conformity to your own beliefs.

4. A person who attempts to blend into a specific social group

That sends a strong message in Message Board Etiquette: If you post a thread you should not have to post additional information under a pseudo name in an effort to make your point or validate your thoughts and beliefs.

There have been no responses by any of the registered users and yet there have been over 170 views of this thread (At the time of this writing).

Based on the following information it is clear that this is a dead issue. The real issue is not the Sheriff but the proposed tax cuts and how they will affect ALL of public service.

If anything you should be glad that Sheriff Hunter is in office and represents our county. He is one of the few political figures in this state that carries enough weight to even be heard in Tallahassee.

When you are ready to discuss the real issues then post something intelligent about that issue and not as a Poser trying to slam our Sheriff.
    I read this thread and must say that more important things came to mind, like getting drunk and making sweet love to my wife....

itz just natural....

What is natural? Getting drunk or your wife - Inquiring minds want to know

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast