NYPD is in trouble - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: NYPD is in trouble

Just got back from vacation in N.Y. We had a family party at a club. I designated myself as a driver and nursed two beers and several sodas over a six hour period. After the party, I assisted my wife's family in cleaning up the place and taking all the food and leftoivers home.(The party was a sweet sixteen and a twenty first together.) Good fam\ily , all good down to earth people. DEFINITELY not trouble makers. My future brother in law asked me to drive his SUV as he had several drinks and he stated the police like to mess with people. I work in LE , so I figured I knew what he meant. The street in front of the venue was blocked off as it is also a night club, and we rented the upstairs. As we approached the street, there was a car at the barricade, a taxi, then me. Facing us (it was a four way stop) was an undercover NYPD. He put his lights on and tells the cars to move a long. I approach the barrier(right hand turn), using my signal. I had the window rolled down. I see two undercovers in the unmarked unit. The driver tells me hurry up, move ot. I said yes , and said just and signed it with my finger. Real fast In tell the security that I was with a party at the club, and we were picking up food and cleaning up. He starts to move the barrier, as he had recognized me. So obvo=iously, the undercovers could see I had business there. So the passenger yells ok, smart ass. for ignoring me you can go around the block again. I should teach somer respect you f'n punk, ignoring my partner like that. I tell him I was not ignoring him, and he told me to hurry up which I was, and he could see I had legitimate business there. He tells me agin, I should teach you some respect , punk ass. You can now drive all the way around the block again. I said sir, if you think I ignored you, I did not do it on purpose and apoligized. He then started to curse, and his partner(the partner looked possibly embarrassed???) drove away. He kept on yelling ," You punk ass *****!" Furthermore, I was dressed very nice, I was wearing glasses, and drivein my BIL's BMW M-5? So obviously I looked like a decent person, non threatening, and definitely not a threat. My BIL and several family members told me this was a common occurrence with NYPD. They told me they were glad I did not say something, as they would have put something on me. My BIL said that was exactly why he did not want to drive.( Especially that we made designated driver arrangements.)
    So this is how ordinary people get treated by them? He was the punk , as he was yelling alot of this stuff as they were driving away. So I drove around the block, laughing about how childish of a punishment I received. Drive around the block? LOLL. Those officers could not be more unprofessional if they tried. They passed again and I waved at them a few times, but they did not stop. I just can't believe how they treated an ordinary citizen.
    I may get a little sharp sometimes, but I always give people, respect first. What a bunch of unprofessional azzhats. Done with rant.

I was hired on 7/5/89. I retired 3/4's 12/03. I was the happiest person on earth on the day I found out I got approved for 3/4's. My best and most fun were 1989(yes, I enjoyed foot posts) through late 1997. And, the absolute best time I had was in the Coney Island Detail for two summers. That was awesome. But, come late 1997, thing changed rapidly within the NYPD. They started drilling into our heads about how the NYPD will be run like a corporation with accountability for "performance". Of coarse, lots of bosses took this to heart and because of this, shit ran downhill quickly. We would bring up to ball-less Commanding Officers, well if the NYPD is to be run like a corporation, then in the corporate world, people get raises and bonuses for jobs well done. Where are our raises and bonuses for all the hard work in bringing crime down? No real answers were received, of coarse. But, we did receive lots of ZEROS in out contracts. Hows that? Okay boys, lets go out and produce more then you ever had. Let's drop crime to an all-time low! And lets give all you hard working people, you know, the people who actually DO the work and NOT just push papers BIG FAT ZEROS for all that work!! On top of all this, let's reconstruct the arrest processing so that all you hard working officers with get little or ZERO overtime!! Let's cut overtime by 110%, afterall, that is how a lot of you pay your bills and put food on the table. NO MORE OF THAT, YOU FINE HARD WORKING OFFICERS!!

Yes, I'm very bitter towards the NYPD. For all the cool aid drinking people, you keep drinking that shit!

The ONLY thing I miss are SOME people I use to work with on the job, that is all.

In Feb.1968 I was sworn in as a Police Officer. I retired in May 1988. That 20 years is the best time I ever had. I still remember the times on patrol, and when I was promoted to Detective. I know the job is not, and will not be the same it was, but I looked at the job as a career. When I retired I moved to Fla. I went back into L.E., and retired again, after 12 yrs. Still, I feel the NYPD is the best department in the world, bar none.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12