Deleted Posts

Thread: Deleted Posts

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol

Deleted Posts

To answer your question: Yes, there have been several posts deleted and there will continue to be posts deleted.

The SPPD board has been one of the most liberal boards as far as allowing posts that are borderline to remain. As a general rule of thumb we have allowed many posts that address the department, morale, work ethic, competance, etc. Including some things that may "call out" certain officers or groups of officers. We have, and will continue to, delete personal attacks, especially when they include weight, sexual orientation or personal matters.

In the last ten minutes I deleted no less then six posts that were personal attacks on an officers weight. Argue, gripe, complain, point fingers over work issues and let the public know whats really going on, but at least grow up a little bit.

If you have any direct questions or think a post should be deleted send me a private messege and i'll take care of it.

Now how about getting on the same team.

You deleted those messages however you allow other personal attacks on other officers. The officer that was getting attacked must have been you or a personal friend since you deleted those but allow other attacks on officers. Why don't you treat all posts the same when they attack someone? If your gonna be a MOD then do your job equally.

As I said there is a fine line between getting "called out" for your work related actions and "personal" attacks. Yes, it is a judgement call by the two SPPD board moderators (BTW we do not know the identity of each other) and staff moderators.

Since I'm sure there are many people who aren't willing to send a private messege. If you have a concern with the content of a post, reply to this topic and let us know the name of the topic that the post is in.

C'mon mod. You've let these cowards get away with personal attacks forever. Just read the post "ST.BACKSTABBERSBURG" It really goes into detail what has been allowed for so long. These posters should get a lifetime ban for some of the accusations/defamation of named officers character.

Why did they delete the post about police chief Gordon being a uhuru anyone know.....

Judging by the posting times, I'm guessing you are the same person who is again trying to initiate that string. I have no problem with discussion on that topic, even with names and pointed accusations, as long as it remains professional. The response posts conatined nothing but poorly disquised racial slurs which served no purpose for discussion.

I have again deleted the companion post. If you would like to re-post in a professional maner, I will be happy to evaluate its content.

Keep it up mod. I'm sure it's a 24/7 task but all I can say is your saving the dept. from looking any worse then it already is.