Personnel drain - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Personnel drain

If the elementary SRO's are pulled out of the schools, it will net a total of six whole officers to place in five districts. This will not mean much to the overall manpower shortage, but I welcome any additional manpower and would rather get a former SRO that has past road experience, than a complete FNG. In this business, if you are offered something additional, you take and work with it. Why put down an entire division of the department ? I'm not an SRO because I choose not to be, but I respect their position and will be happy to assist any that come out to the road with getting back up to speed.

To Guest Who Loves Patrol Work...

It is obvious by your tone that you are one of those officers who have long-awaited a transfer to a more specialized job, but been turned down so many times, you have now convinced yourself that you DONT want it so that you can save some self-esteem.

Those jobs you mentioned, such as DEA, Game and Fish, etc....those officers stay interested by moving to different foles within the department. Game and Fish may focus on many things in their career, FBI will work bank robbery, then move to something else, then something else.

And your idea about working in various units not making you a more well-rounded officer is the biggest load of crap I ever heard. You talk to the 10 most respected officers in your department, and I promise you, 8 of them have been in spcial units and will tell you they learned a lot from those jobs...stuff that applies every day to your coveted "patrol" position.

No doubt...patrol is the backbone of an agency. But in order to become a better officer and move up in the carrer ladder, you must get experience in ALL facets of a police agency. At ECSO you can do that... how about where you are? If not, it may be time to either consider a move, or accept that you may never advance where you are.

Good morning class. ESCO Deputy is correct. Specialized units do make deputies more effective. I agree with notion with regards to the SRO's. Some don't want to work the road because they are what? Lazy. say it with me, LAZY. But all the same there are road deputies who are "LAZY" and cannot understand why they are not selected for specialized units, say it with me "Specialized Units." Those officers do enough say they are "at work" but in reality they sit on their what? Butts, thats right butts and do nothing. Some call in sick every other day. Others get 10-86 precisley when their shift begins and is sitting in their driveway 30 minutes to an hour prior to the end of the shift. (See District 3 mids for further details). The fact is, those who do all the complaining never catch a break,, say it with me, "break." What did we learn today class? Lazy=no specialized units. No specialized units=complaining. Complaining=disgruntled employee. Disgruntled employee=lazy and so on. Class dismissed.

This Occured in Santa Rosa County Fl.

You aren't an English teacher, are you?

No raise, no new officers, no new equipment, no nothing. Rollback taxes for the rich, they can celebrate with caviar and wine. This new found wealth in our property tax savings means we can treat ourselves to a one of those awful hot dogs from Tom Thumb.

Teacher,

what would you know about deputies? I don't think you teach anything asshat.

Unregistered
    Wow! That stinks!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12