a concerned citizen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

a concerned citizen

do you guys have ticket quotas you have to reach each month? if so, whats the limit and when are they due?

there are no quotas. we dont get a toaster or a raise or any percentage of monetary gains from traffic citations. The traffic units main job is to issue traffic citations for violators.

guest22 why do you have to be so sarcastic? it was a legitimate question. No we dont have quotas, HOWEVER, a portion of the citations written go to our training, I.E region 8 and grant funded classes. The rest go to the state and counties for roads, parks, maintenance, etc. The traffic job is to do the majority of the ticket writing but due to high crime to a population boom, a string of robberies, on top of the summer with parades, sun-n-fun, and having to do procap, they cant as much as they would like.

Chill out a bit... take things less serious. You will feel better

amen to that.....ever hear of "dont sweat the small stuff" ......sounds corny but it works...

there's no set number of tickets to write but lately the bosses want stats. that means you may get a cheezy extra ticket just because of pressure from supervision

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    there's no set number of tickets to write but lately the bosses want stats. that means you may get a cheezy extra ticket just because of pressure from supervision
    perhaps it might be just doing what you are paid for???

I'm another concerned citizen -- I'm not a LEO -- who occasionally drops in and checks out PCSO. I knew Matt Williams quite well and have met Doug Spiers as well. I considered Matt a friend. I'm not interested in blame at this point, and hopefully everybody's moved forward on that, but I AM interested in something like this never happening again. Has any training been initiated to try to prevent another "friendly fire" incident, or to better address officer safety in a situation like that? (and is such training practicable and feasible?) (would some sort of beacon, GPS-based or otherwise, help deputies keep track of each other)

I didn't support Grady in the election but I have to say I'm impressed with how he's handled himself and will support him next time. I sure hope Grady, or at least somebody in the upper-echelon brass, addresses this and implements any additional training and equipment that might help.

Y'all stay safe!

HAHAHA that is a big funny to me. TRAINING THAT BENEFITS our job performance ??

lets see we have a CUSTOMER SERVICE CLASS that is set up for toddlers and tries to teach us how to kiss @$$ basically and has NO BENEFIT to law enforcement...

then we have a driving class that is an embarrasment and a disgrace .

We have SOME advanced handgun classes but NOTHING NEW since Matt. Not to mention those classes are difficult to get into due to manpower, class size, etc ..... if they were MANDATORY like the customer kiss @$$ class is or the retard driving class we WOULD have to take them no matter WHAT and would have no difficulty in getting them.

Hopefully Grady reads this stuff. Sounds like the customer service thing maybe goes too far, but you've got to keep in mind Grady's overall big picture. He's not just selling steak; he's also selling sizzle. He's got to be concerned about PCSO's public image and how the public perceives deputies. Sounds like an emphasis on courtesy ought to be plenty, and shift some of the focus to things that will keep deputies ALIVE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast