Fuel Conservation?

Fuel Conservation?

Any comments about the departments fuel conservation program? What a bright idea, take cops off the street for 15 minutes of every hour, but allow volunteers to drive around aimlessly in brand new vehicles burning up gas. You would think that meer visibility and police presence would be a deterant to crime. All for what...... to save the city a few pennies. If the citizens only knew this has been implimented they would be outraged. As a tax paying citizen, I know I am.

Read this one!

This sounds like it makes perfect sense!

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/06/01/North ... s_Ph.shtml

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol

Nice One

With the lack of manpower on certain shifts and the calls for service. Lets see, put that call on hold as I am conserving fuel. No really dispatch tell the citizen I will get there when I get there, and I don't really care as my city manager and commission advised me Public Safety is SECOND to fuel costs. Now call the mayor, oh wait for him to get back from his baseball excursion. I wonder if the pedestrian bridge that wasn't inspected and now is deemed unsafe is going to cause anyone problems.

Wow Harry. You're so macho. And dirty. Ohhhh the goosebumps.

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol

lol

Hey Guest, your mom wants you to do your chores now. When you are on the computer stay on disney.com as this site is for big boys maybe when you grow up you can come out and play.

Harry. You actually responded to me! I'm honored! When we play together will you bring your big 45 cal???

CPD tried that 'park the cruiser' long ago, this isn't a new idea. What I don't understand is how the air conditioner runs if you sit and not have the engine running while you're parked and saving gas, or why would you want to take an officer off the road for 15minutes per shift for the vehicle to sit idle to conserve?

What, a 15minute break every hour? Can I talk my employer into such an idea and still keep my productivity up?

Put this idea right up there with the Beach Roundabout.....here today, gone tomorrow.

Everyone needs to do the Fuel Conservation at their respective sub stations and go to the break room, then drive back to their zone. Take the break in the break room for 15 minutes every hour.. Watch TV, have a soda!!!!

Boy, I don't recall this in the SP Times yet.

Sitting in an unairconditioned vehicle with a bulletproof vest on doesn't sound like a good idea. I would think heat exhaustion would begin when the temp is in the high 90's. So are you supposed to go into a 7-11 while your vehicle sits for that 15 minutes? What does your policy state I'm just curious. Certainly the city would be worried about your health over gas costs right? :shock:

I don't see this actually working. Yet we all said that about the fountain on the beach too!

Maybe the citizens of Clearwater should call the mayor or the city manager and ask about it. Also ask how many upper management are in danger of losing their jobs due to cutbacks. I am sure the answer is narry a one. Maybe we could get along with one less assistant city manager position. And we all know who!!!