Unleash the FOP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unleash the FOP

Unleash the FOP

It's about time this Union has stepped up...this City will soon learn how powerful this Union is when it unites to confront the challenges head on. Media coverage, PR campaigns, billboards, Banner planes, TV commercials, radio spots, referendums, job actions....In with the Octagon, and I've got front row seats!

Re: Unleash the FOP

Quote Originally Posted by City Beware
    It's about time this Union has stepped up...this City will soon learn how powerful this Union is when it unites to confront the challenges head on. Media coverage, PR campaigns, billboards, Banner planes, TV commercials, radio spots, referendums, job actions....In with the Octagon, and I've got front row seats!
    Hopefully it won't be a repeat of past union blunders like the too little too late So-Fly ad, the take over of the NAACP or the banner plane at the air show and recent billboard on Sunrise that said nothing. Perhaps the drunkards in the dais will start to seek out the opinions of their fellow officers that came from actual union states or at least hire a real PR firm to handle our upcoming struggle.

maybe you are our saviour?

I am sure you had the BALLS to tell them that right and make your worthy opinions known, or is it easier to just shout from the balcony of your anonymous email. Keep the support, suggestions, and brotherhood coming...or divide us further with some more insightful emails, brother.

Ashamed

It sucks when some of your own members are as ignorant about events and "past blunders" as those on the outside usually are. Even more frustrating, though, is that these members NEVER walk the walk. They talk behind closed doors and anonymous emails about the way things should be done, but never become informed and help the cause.

Truth is, the "guest" is one of five people we all know...thank God he is enjoying that comfy position and away from our real cops out in the battlefield.

Stay focused

Well, I appreciate the call, though I rarely respond to these, as we are a bit busier on other challenges...and I try to avoid the ignorance. It's rather obvious which of our members feel like the above "guest." He can contact us anytime to help with our efforts. All I can say is, we will continue to dedicate our existence, our careers, and our energies to the fight for our members...even these few.

We act, and take a stand, for better or worse, and live with the ups and downs daily...24 hours a day. We win most battles, and lose some as well (never said we would win them all, or that it would be easy)...but our promise is that we will absolutely fight relentlessly until the war is won.

Thank God most of our members know this...hang in there, stay safe, support each other, and keep up the good fight.

Jim Naugle & George Gretsas have trick up their sleeves… count on that. Your FOP reps don’t seem to have the wits to outsmart this duo. Media is good but officer unity is what gets the contract. Miami is an example & the counterpart of Fort Lauderdale in Dade County. Remember that you guys have been getting an influx of new blood just like Miami who are still on probation & can’t do much for the cause. Down in Miami it was the old salts that got the ball rolling. Gather all your crusties & start spreading the word.

I don't thing that guest is that far off. It seems that all he (or she) is saying is that we play smart. Things definitely need improvement here and the city is of the brink of losing the police department (starting withthe FTO's)

Thanks

Well, to CACA, I am not sure what the wits of my FOP Reps has to do with Gretsas or Naugle in the negotiation process, but they have done well to successfully resolve hundreds of documented grievances and personnel issues over the past several months, on behalf of the members.

I do agree, however, that there is little substitute for experience, and we value the wisdom of our veteran members as much as any, especially those who actually take the time to voice there wisdom in meetings or to me directly, instead of anonymously here or in the locker rooms.

To our 12 year Member, I appreciate your delivery, and agree with your sentiments entirely. Make no mistake, this is a chess game with moves made every hour, and we are vigilantly cognizant of that fact.

Remember, in any war, there are more battles going on behind the scenes than what the public or even our members know or hear about. Victory here will be achieved from our ability to unite and confront this challenge together. This is a different Union than that under Tom, and I am confident in our ability as a whole, 500 members strong, to come together and counter any of the City's "secret Tricks up their sleeves.

However, this is a test of endurance with strides and setbacks, and it will be during those setbacks that our members' resolve and unity will be tested most.

we believe

Jack or Mike, keep it up. You have the full support of your brothers and sisters, young and old alike. The FOP has always been through tough times, and has recovered well since Tom's demise. Mostlythanks to you guys. We will always have a few that are less than faithful, but most are behind you. Even our disgruntled members will silently follow,Just be sure to say the word and we're ready!

Victory

yeah, but we shouldn't stop with the contract...the Chief, Gretsas, Hebert...they all gotta go to...Time for real leadership to lead us back in the right direction. Make sure that's part of the mission.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast