"Mr. Accountable,"

Obviously you never worked as a property crimes detective. I did for 5 1/2 years at HCSO. In that time, I spent a couple of nights on a golf course with 10 other detectives trying to catch "cat burglars" that were terrorizing a subdivision. I also spent a few nights in a private residence with another detective staking out the home which was the site of numerous acts of vandalism. (I eventually arrested the owner of the house for false crime reports, a real Sg 20 who was trying to scare his wife).

Many other nights were spent on stakeouts of construction sites, from Plantation to Cheval to catch crooks. All of that was "on-duty" time and doing good police work. Telling a victim, no matter how wealthy, to "hire a security guard" is a cop out for not being able to catch the crooks, and dedicate manpower. But sometimes that is the only solution, and several times (hundreds?) I've told victims the same thing, because we weren't able to dedicate the manpower to stake out the property.

Sorry, I don't think you can slime Sheriff Gee on this one. I use my real name always, and am retired, so repercussions don't scare me!