Research Opportunity

Research Opportunity

My name is Meredith Moran and I am a criminal justice training coordinator at St. Petersburg College (FL). I am currently conducting research for my Dissertation towards completing my Doctoral degree in Counseling Psychology at Argosy University in Sarasota, Florida. I have over 13 years of law enforcement experience both in patrol and training. Currently, I am employed by the Southeastern Public Safety Institute of St. Petersburg College (FL, USA) as a law enforcement training coordinator.

The title of my dissertation is “Gender Differences In Stressors Experienced By Police Officers: An Online Survey” and it will look at stress issues comparing male and female law enforcement officers. As you may know, numerous studies have been conducted over the years on stress in law enforcement officers. These studies have concerned perceived stress, causes of stress and stress comparisons between law enforcement and other professions. Most of these studies have also used male officers as the core sample group. Very few studies have addressed law enforcement stress as it relates to gender, or specifically, to female officers.

As a law enforcement officer and trainer, I feel there is a need to address this issue in order to determine if there are differences in the stressors experienced by male and female officers.

I am conducting my research by asking sworn law enforcement officers, both male and female to complete a questionnaire containing statements that describe both job-related and personal events identified as stressful by police officers.

The results of this research will be used in my Dissertation and will be completely anonymous. All participants’ answers will be aggregated so that your individual responses can in no way be related back to you.

To participate in this research please go to http://www.surveyconsole.com/console/Ta ... ?id=305933
    You may contact me by phone at 727-743-6058, or email Mbowman11@tampabay.rr.com should you have any questions.

I would like to thank you in advance for participation in this research project. I believe that the issue of police stress is something that needs to be continually researched and addressed.

Meredith B. Moran, M.A.

Research Opportunity

You should do research on ALL female cyclists.
    Were exploding with insight and opinion.

Alton
    Sounds interesting, I am also doing my research in sociology for a diploma now. I need help from an experienced student, I am about to ask Papers Owl for help for one of the sections of my paper. I read a review of this writing service here https://www.quora.com/Is-Papersowl-legit and I think it good service. But I would still like to hear the opinion of students about it because I have never used anything like this before.