PBA meeting - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PBA meeting

No, but AX rode Ed like a cheap Hialeah burro!
    OLE!!!!

Loose cannons? High liability unit? You're funny, and a hypocrit to boot.

I can only assume that I am one of the "gang of three" that Gort supposedly left hanging. Yes, I did make a few cracks at him about "jumping ship" and butting heads with the Captain and leaving us with the "Hammer".
    I swear on all that I hold dear that these comments were purely in jest.

Not that its anyone's business, but he approached me before he made his decision and asked my opinion on the subject. I told him that if he had a better opportunity, he should take it. In my opinion, I had no right to feel as if I was even part of the equation when it came to his decision, and yet, he STILL asked me what I thought.

I hold no ill will towards the man, nor due the other two of the "gang" as far as I am aware. I respect him and hope to emulate his leadership abilities if I am ever given the opportunity. Further, I consider him a loyal friend who has NEVER steered me wrong.

As far as having to work for "Shinebox" I have personally spoken to him about his leadership style and his "quirks" No, I do not agree with all of them and I have told him so. I often tell others that he is screwed up, but only because I tell HIM that he is screwed up. Granted, his time as a SGT has been tough, but after speaking with him, I truly believe that most of the stories ( yes I do find them hysterical) have been blown out of proportion. Some of them, however, are true to fact (i.e Raise your right hand and swear to this PC) but I do not feel that they are with bad intentions. Honestly, after making a ton of jokes at his expense (he is aware that he has been the subject of many stories that I tell) I've come to realize that if the worst thing that a Sgt asks you to do is raise your right hand as you swear to your PC, then life is not too bad.
    Lastly, I feel that some of his ridiculous quirks, are a result of him being a probationary Sgt. who is following the rules to the letter. Maybe when his year draws to a close, he will learn to relax a little. We can only hope!! HAHA

TB

here we go again... wake me up when it's over...

Hey Reps

First time poster here.

What are the PBA Reps doing now?! The letter that got sent to all of the members did NOT sound like the issues that I heard were brought up at the meeting. Most of the people that I work with intentionally did not go to that meeting because we did not support the crybabies and whiners who EACH have their own agenda and ax to grind. Way to go again PBA. Why don't you pay attention to the folks who are out there working and who appreciate the job that you guys do instead of just the ones who are up yer azzes whining like kindergardeners and hiding behind the reps. Represent the people, not just the firebrands. You tried to screw a guy over who didn't deserve it. Those are not union issues. I think you just lost credability. We have real issues to deal with. Perhaps you can spend some of your energy and our dues making sure that we dont get people laid off in this budget debacle. Keeping ones job is a union issue!

Re: Hey Reps

Quote Originally Posted by WHaT???!!!!
    First time poster here.

What are the PBA Reps doing now?! The letter that got sent to all of the members did NOT sound like the issues that I heard were brought up at the meeting. Most of the people that I work with intentionally did not go to that meeting because we did not support the crybabies and whiners who EACH have their own agenda and ax to grind. Way to go again PBA. Why don't you pay attention to the folks who are out there working and who appreciate the job that you guys do instead of just the ones who are up yer azzes whining like kindergardeners and hiding behind the reps. Represent the people, not just the firebrands. You tried to screw a guy over who didn't deserve it. Those are not union issues. I think you just lost credability. We have real issues to deal with. Perhaps you can spend some of your energy and our dues making sure that we dont get people laid off in this budget debacle. Keeping ones job is a union issue!
    Your name should be "huh?"...

Yeah, I think the PBA will keep our jobs safe, even the crybabies and whiners.

Maybe you should start a FOP chapter here, see how that works out for you. Idiot.

Out of all the Sgts in PP I can say with out a doubt Jim Gort is a true leader. Leaders lead by example which he has always demonstrrated. Captains above him like Capt. R, Capt. M Capt D. are A DISGRACE to the PP Police Department and to Law Enforcement in general. Sgt. Gort you are a true leader and as supervisor you keep your head up and keep your priority being your family. They must always come first.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345