POLL who likes flag day? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    running totals

18 NO
    1 yes

19 no 1 yes

Hate it plus a bag of chips!

20!!!! i do not like it much at all mainly because they MAKE us do it.

Is there any way to get out of Flag day, short of death? I'll do it just so I don't have to go. It sucks Azz.

What did you guys have to do for Flag Day??

class A uniforms, stand around for a few hours so 3 citizens who came to watch can watch us burn flags. great idea, poor application of an idea.

It's become a issue of resentment for most officers. like we are to be punished. No one can be off and no one can skip it. Officers have had reservations or vacations during that time and had to cancel them for this ridiculous ceremony. again a great idea but a very poor application of it.

you are kidding me...For flag day??? Man, no days off....I remember years ago when I worked the area just west of Temple Terrace and they would pull every officer to work the July 4th parade, pretty much like our Gasparilla. But for flag day, I understand that its an important holiday, but I think that maybe there could be better holidays, or more popular, memorable holidays, like Memorial day. Is this something your Chief came up with? and is this the first year they did it??

no this is the THIRD excruciating year of it. I hope to get paroled soon

Quit your whining! You guys don't do anything anyway. So you can't spend one day eating at the whistle junction BooHoo. Flag day seems to be the only day the department gets any work out of you people!

I have worked with a lot of those guys from TT many years ago when I bordered their agency. Most are professional, eager to help, and still like to work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast