Say It Ain't So - BSO? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Umm, I don't know what your planet your on, but BSO is under staffed. BSO DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH MANPOWER TO TAKE OVER OUR CITY. BSO would have to rely on the majority Sunrise Officers to be sworn in as Deputies. I don't know if you are painting a pretty picture of how good BSO is but TRUST me when I tell you that your organization has some serious manpower issues. However, you are right about if BSO comes in to our City (NEVER WILL HAPPEN) that they will clean the slate of our specailized units. The truth is that in my opinion, that over atleast 50% of our Sunrise officers would jump ship. When BSO takes the contract to provide police services for another City, that they rely heavily on the Cities personnel to stay and become deputies. Question, what would happen if the majority of the officers left? There would be an out cry of the seniors in our city with the lack of police service. I know you pride yourself as a BSO deputy and I truly respect that, but in reality, I don't see BSO coming to Sunrise anytime soon.

Speaking from experience and being a high ranking official, BSO does not want to take over Sunrise. Currently, BSO has other priorities and can't waste time on a small depatment like Sunrise. Besides, if BSO ever took over Sunrise, the officers get to keep their current pension and benefits.

I think this subject is just wishful thinking on behave of some individuals who want BSO to take over, and the other half who are probably just lazy and scared to work. Chief Brooks will take care of thoses lazy officer's who are scared of a BSO taking over. Instead now you have a Brooks take over.

Everybody in BSO's command will be trying to get new jobs asap before their boss gets the boot

Certain cities will never go BSO and Sunrise is one of them

I would like to thank the city of Sunrise for taking Maj Brooks. I know that there are a lot of Deputies and Detectives at BSO who are out a lot of money for taking Maj Brooks out for lunch, dinner, and paying for his rounds of golf. Then they found out he does not have the pull to get them promoted.

To the guys at Sunrise, good luck to you all with this so called temporary chief. The way to keep on his good side is to ass kiss and play golf..

once they take over, everyone above the road will have to choose to stay and eventually be demoted or be shipped out and the road guys will be stuck there unless you want to lose your senority and go elsewhere

we arent going to BSO people. Get over it. It's just hype and rumors, the same thing we hear during EVERY SINGLE CONTRACT.

Apparently the commission does not feel as though we have any fit to cover the position of chief so they just asked BSO to temporarily fill the position. If our replacement applies and gets the position, more power to him and congratulations. Sure there will be change, but one change that is not going to happen is those bright white shirts and green striped pants.

Let's move on and look forward to the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Umm, I don't know what your planet your on, but BSO is under staffed. BSO DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH MANPOWER TO TAKE OVER OUR CITY. BSO would have to rely on the majority Sunrise Officers to be sworn in as Deputies. I don't know if you are painting a pretty picture of how good BSO is but TRUST me when I tell you that your organization has some serious manpower issues. However, you are right about if BSO comes in to our City (NEVER WILL HAPPEN) that they will clean the slate of our specailized units. The truth is that in my opinion, that over atleast 50% of our Sunrise officers would jump ship. When BSO takes the contract to provide police services for another City, that they rely heavily on the Cities personnel to stay and become deputies. Question, what would happen if the majority of the officers left? There would be an out cry of the seniors in our city with the lack of police service. I know you pride yourself as a BSO deputy and I truly respect that, but in reality, I don't see BSO coming to Sunrise anytime soon.
    Lack of police services from seniors? Hell they complain about you as a PD now. I lived in Deerfield and since BSO took over the services are so much better as they would be in Sunrise. I can't say things would be great because the Sheriff is an idiot, but with the right man running BSO, they would be unstoppable. So the rest of you saying get over it it will never happen you might be right. However don't disrespect BSO and say they don't provide good services. Contract were great with prior Sheriffs. Now Jenne has ruined it, and services are somewhat below. With our resources services would blow any city out of the water when Jenne finally gets indicted.

O.K., Let me be more clear. BSO is a power house when it comes to all of the toys you guys get and whether other agencies admitt it or not, other agencies know this. I would not nor will not disrespect another agency or officer. However, when I was refering to the lack of police sevice with the seniors, I was saying that there would not be enough officers to handle calls for police service because of the probability of Sunrise's officers seeking employment with other agencies.

I was merely refering to the lack of man power.

O.K., Let me be more clear. BSO is a power house when it comes to all of the toys you guys get and whether other agencies admitt it or not, other agencies know this. I would not nor will not disrespect another agency or officer. However, when I was refering to the lack of police sevice with the seniors, I was saying that there would not be enough officers to handle calls for police service because of the probability of Sunrise's officers seeking employment with other agencies.

Oh I got ya. I appreciate the post, and I'm sorry if I was offended. It's sad that so many Sunrise officers would jump ship. BSO has the potential to be an amazing place and the budget to be the highest paid. Look at Palm Beach SO their contract is comparable to yours and they are also very big. Sunrise struggled for a while and now they are doing good. Maybe BSO's day will come. Take care and stay safe.

Oh I got ya. I appreciate the post, and I'm sorry if I was offended. It's sad that so many Sunrise officers would jump ship. BSO has the potential to be an amazing place and the budget to be the highest paid. Look at Palm Beach SO their contract is comparable to yours and they are also very big. Sunrise struggled for a while and now they are doing good. Maybe BSO's day will come. Take care and stay safe.
    1. PBSO cannot afford their contract any more
    2. The take over is not a silly rumor like BSO taking over FLPD, the deal is already done (has been done) and the announcement will come as soon as the indictment is handed down, its all about timing :wink:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast