Say It Ain't So - BSO? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

chief brooks

I think his appointment is a good thing. Breathe some fresh air and ideas into the agency. Sunrise has and always had the potential to be one of the best agencies in S. Florida. Perhaps a true leader will bring out this potential. Of course the old guard may have concerns. I would expect more accountability in the future. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    JESUS CHRIST... SHUT-UP ALREADY WITH THIS BSO STUFF. NO ONE CARES. WE GOT OUR CONTRACT AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. I DON'T EVEN CARE IF WE GET A CHIEF FROM WILTON MANNORS. WHO CARES! EVERYONE WHO WORKS IN THIS DEPARTMENT KNOWS THAT THE DEPARTMENT RUNS ITSELF.. WHETHER FOR THE GOOD OR THE BAD. JUST BECAUSE WE ARE GETTING A TEMP CHIEF FROM BSO DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE GOING TO WEAR GREEN. HEY? WE DRIVE FORD CROWN VIC'S, DOES THAT MEAN WE WORK FOR FORD? I UNDERSTAND YOUR CONCERN... BUT IN REALITY THINGS HERE IN SUNRISE ARE WHAT THEY ARE. EVEN YOUR LITTLE CUTE LITTLE POSTS ABOUT HOW WE ARE GOING TO BSO, CANT CHANGE THAT.....
    Like I said your a dope if you put your head in the sand and think BSO will go away or think that our contract means anything if we go BSO :shock: :shock:

bunch of LAZY IDIOTS

Is there any truth to our contract being void if we go BSO?

Quote Originally Posted by Confused
    No department, no contract. Thats the only way they get out of our contract. Go BSO means Sunrise is disbanded which means no contract. It is the only way.

Sorry you may not like hearing that but it is the truth. :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by yesir
    No department, no contract. Thats the only way they get out of our contract. Go BSO means Sunrise is disbanded which means no contract. It is the only way.

so what if they sign us over to BSO and we lose our contract with the city. BSO cant just come in and say you are making too much money, we are going to go ahead and decrease your salary! Do you know the uproar that could cause? Just is NOT going to happen, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by yesir

so what if they sign us over to BSO and we lose our contract with the city. BSO cant just come in and say you are making too much money, we are going to go ahead and decrease your salary! Do you know the uproar that could cause? Just is NOT going to happen, sorry!
    I have a friend in BSO and the way it works is that if our salary is higher then BSO's we will keep that until BSO catches up or gets more then us. So as long as we get our first paycheck we are in the good and we just waite for BSO to catch up to us. Sick time and Vacations go by BSO. even if we have better. There Lt's get no OT.

Any officer with less than 8 yrs of service would have to start his pension all over . Its like you wasted u r time[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by No Name
    Any officer with less than 8 yrs of service would have to start his pension all over . Its like you wasted u r time[/b]
    Do not know where you cited that from. But you are wrong. You cannot tell me that a 7year officer would have to do another 25 years to retire, thats BS.

Quote Originally Posted by No Name
    Do not know where you cited that from. But you are wrong. You cannot tell me that a 7year officer would have to do another 25 years to retire, thats BS.
    You dont have to work an additional 25 your current time is added in , however if you have vested you can leave when you switch, you go to the current bso rate and the contract will not be honored ..also we will eventually disband any special ops, swat, and db units, keep the best and bring in our own for the rest ... we have enough ....in other words you will be BSO no different then if they hired you first leave while your still sunrise

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast