Say It Ain't So - BSO?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Say It Ain't So - BSO?

Is it true that a backdoor deal is being made to place a BSO contract on the next city election as a savings to taxpayers. Perhaps a recent campaign promise. :evil: :twisted:

nope...everytime a contracr comes up in any city, bso is tossed in there to scare the union. the cities have to use whatever ploy they can to minimize their costs. we all know that bso is a joke and when the midget is indicted veryyyyyyyyyyy soon we can finally kill the rumor.

Hey idiot, go to your own message board and stop playing stupid on ours. We got our contract thanks to our Commisioners. Go do yourself a favor and do a little research so you don't sound so stupid. NO WE ARE NOT GOING TO BSO FOR THE LAST TIME!!!!!!

It's Wishner who voted to talk to BSO about hiring a temporay chief for the police dept, which all the commissioners voted yes to. The question is why? Why would someone vote to have a BSO chief come to the city and run the police dept? Yes, Sunrise PD does have a good contract now, but something is not right with this chief thing. Why not just appoint an acting chief until they hire someone? Every police dept is trying to find ways to save money. This move by the city is not a surprise. By the way, the decision to go BSO is not the officer's decision, it's a vote the city commisioners make, of course after they change the charter, so citizens don't have to vote. Personally, I like working for sunrise pd. but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    It's Wishner who voted to talk to BSO about hiring a temporay chief for the police dept, which all the commissioners voted yes to. The question is why? Why would someone vote to have a BSO chief come to the city and run the police dept? Yes, Sunrise PD does have a good contract now, but something is not right with this chief thing. Why not just appoint an acting chief until they hire someone? Every police dept is trying to find ways to save money. This move by the city is not a surprise. By the way, the decision to go BSO is not the officer's decision, it's a vote the city commisioners make, of course after they change the charter, so citizens don't have to vote. Personally, I like working for sunrise pd. but you never know.
    Hey you are all dopes. You can't see it for yourself, the city signed the contract but now see's ops: a way out by going BSO and saving millions. Come Monday we will have a BSO Major running the show and yes we will be on the fast track to BSO whether we like it or not. Hold your comments until Monday, Possibly even Tuesday then you will see what I'm saying. We were sold out. ops:

BSO - Sunrise Chief

http://www.sunrisefl.gov/documents/6-5-07_SpMtg.pdf

AGREEMENT – MOTION TO APPOINT JOHN E. BROOKS
    THROUGH AGREEMENT WITH BROWARD SHERIFF’S OFFICE
    AS POLICE CHIEF ON A TEMPORARY BASIS AND
    AUTHORIZING THE CITY ATTORNEY TO PREPARE THE
    RESOLUTION AND FINALIZE AN AGREEMENT WITH THE
    BROWARD SHERIFF’S OFFICE FOR POLICE CHIEF
    SERVICES ON A TEMPORARY BASIS.

looks like they are going to borrow this guy from BSO until they find someone to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    looks like they are going to borrow this guy from BSO until they find someone to stay.
    I told you so, We were sold out. Next step BSO slides in . Still think this is alot of bull. Our contract means nothing if we go BSO. :roll:

JESUS CHRIST... SHUT-UP ALREADY WITH THIS BSO STUFF. NO ONE CARES. WE GOT OUR CONTRACT AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. I DON'T EVEN CARE IF WE GET A CHIEF FROM WILTON MANNORS. WHO CARES! EVERYONE WHO WORKS IN THIS DEPARTMENT KNOWS THAT THE DEPARTMENT RUNS ITSELF.. WHETHER FOR THE GOOD OR THE BAD. JUST BECAUSE WE ARE GETTING A TEMP CHIEF FROM BSO DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE GOING TO WEAR GREEN. HEY? WE DRIVE FORD CROWN VIC'S, DOES THAT MEAN WE WORK FOR FORD? I UNDERSTAND YOUR CONCERN... BUT IN REALITY THINGS HERE IN SUNRISE ARE WHAT THEY ARE. EVEN YOUR LITTLE CUTE LITTLE POSTS ABOUT HOW WE ARE GOING TO BSO, CANT CHANGE THAT.....

You Should Care !

We all should care. Way to go guys, not exactly what I was looking for! Hang On, more on the way. A gift from BSO to Sunrise:

"BSO made Brooks available to offer an apology."
    http://www.officer.com/article/article. ... eSection=1

"Brooks joined BSO in June 2000, less than a month after quitting his job as a Miami police assistant chief after causing a stir for riding along with federal agents during the armed raid to seize Elián González."

http://badcopnews.com/police-training-v ... miami.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast