"lake worth takeover by PBSO" - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

OK, lets look on the bright side.....in spite of teh detail issue.....if there is one....We will be GAINING seasoned cops who know how to handle crappy areas. Anyone can work the nice areas...We can always use people who have people skills with the not so desireables.

The cops from lake worth would be great in our agency...It's just some of their managers that I have issues with. I know first hand, I use to work there. We definitely need to send our Captains and some lieutenants to command them if they do decide to come on board. We don't need some of their ranks who spoke so ill of our fine agency to be part of it. They can do us a favor and retire. I'd like to be part of the group that heads to Lake Worth to do the transistioning FTO work when the contract is concrete. It's a great area to work in. You get a little bit of everything.

Absolutely. Alot to do in LW. MS13 are afraid of green.

hope they do come over, lot of the people over there could teach Deputies about police work and how to be a good street cop. Look at any former city cop and for the most part they are head and shoulders above a guy who was hired here first and spent 3 years shagging FARs' in some suburb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead
    hope they do come over, lot of the people over there could teach Deputies about police work and how to be a good street cop. Look at any former city cop and for the most part they are head and shoulders above a guy who was hired here first and spent 3 years shagging FARs' in some suburb.
    ESPECIALLY if they came from some place like LW, Riv Bch or the Glades area

PBSO Takeover

Hey folks, can anyone tell me what is going on, maybe someone from former Royal Palm Beach PD, right now, now one is telling us anything. I do know that some of the admin is against this, but the majority of us want it to happen, and the sooner the better. But right now all we get are rumors. Any insight would be appreciated.

Re: PBSO Takeover

Quote Originally Posted by LW Guy
    Hey folks, can anyone tell me what is going on, maybe someone from former Royal Palm Beach PD, right now, now one is telling us anything. I do know that some of the admin is against this, but the majority of us want it to happen, and the sooner the better. But right now all we get are rumors. Any insight would be appreciated.

I came from Royal Palm PD have many friends at Lake Worth. I can say this, the merger for us was amazing. I was skeptical at first, and everyone made it from Royal Palm. What ever happens to you is a result of the city, not PBSO. Lake worth is accredited, therefore everyone will come over with rank. If you choose to stay in the city, you will keep your seniority and after 2 years, you will have retained your seniority overall in PBSO. Our city opt to keep our communications center, they wanted to keep their traffic division, and a couple other programs. The city dictates what they want to the Sheriff, it's not the Sheriff. Lake Worth is an accredited agency with hiring standards. This never happened to Royal Palm and the Sheriff is very demanding on what level of service that better be provided to a city. He was a chief. None of my encounters with any other PBSO Deputies has resulted in me feeling like the outcast.

After 18 years with Royal Palm, I've been treated so much better here. This agency is amazing and the take home car alone is great. Every Lake Worth Officer I've spoken to is dying for this happen. None of you will be without a job, trust me, the Sheriff needs all of you. As the transition comes closer, the Sheriff will meet with all of you to set the record straight. He did with us, and it helped levitate all the skeptics fears.

With all this being said, you should not be Lake Worth loyal, but loyal to Law Enforcement. It shouldn't matter what color uniform we wear, it's better to have one police department county wide instead of the way it is now. You're going to love this place, as there are many post from Officers from Delray, Boca, West Palm who've come over and talk about how much better our benefits are. I can't speak for every Deputy, however I know everyone I know and I will welcome all LWPD with open arms. Like any place on earth, we have our issues, but overall this place is great. Take care and be safe.

amen: Very well said bro

Hey thanks a lot, I'm not the same person who posted under LW Loyal, I'm looking forward to the merger very much. I just wish we could get some straight info. Did you guys at RPB hear anything official ahead of time, or just at the last minute. I'm curious and so are a lot of my co-workers. I know of a few who put thier apps with PBSO on hold, to wait and see what happens with this merger. I know they have a hiring freeze, but if this doesn't happen, I'm sure were going to loose a lot more. Thanks.

Leave Time

We've all had a "Day One" when we started and had no leave time, but have since accumulated leave. What happens with the leave time that we have built up?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast