DETENTION DEPUTY BUSTED
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DETENTION DEPUTY BUSTED

YOU GUYS SURE DO A GREAT JOB OF SCREENING YOUR EMPLOYEES BOTH IN THE JAIL AND ON THE ROAD.,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

I wonder if this is why all current sworn employees are having their finger prints taken again? The prints are being sent off and your background is re-checked. Rumor has it that at least one set of prints came back to a high ranking supervisor who had an arrest history we did not know about :shock: Makes one wonder what we are hiring not only today, but in the past.

Deputy busted

to former leo-so you just assume that all deputies road and jail are liek this guy? What about the ones who have been there 20+ years and have nothing but superior reviews and use good judgement.

did anyone ever tell you what assuming does? makes a @)#*($$*
    out of you.

hopefully when you might ever need one, the good ones come to see you and if not then you deserve what you get.

So what if he had an arrest record, we as a society have moved away from the innocent until proven guilty rule, that's in our laws. If a person is arrest but later released and no charges filed, what's the big deal. You believe that if a person is arrested then they are automatically guilty. Well that is the wrong way to think.

Everything is perception. If you have a deputy on the news every week (which we have been on a role) for misconduct it destroys public trust in your agency, regardless of what the other 2000 deputies on the road or in the jail are doing postive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    So what if he had an arrest record, we as a society have moved away from the innocent until proven guilty rule, that's in our laws. If a person is arrest but later released and no charges filed, what's the big deal. You believe that if a person is arrested then they are automatically guilty. Well that is the wrong way to think.
    If the person did have an arrest history and failed to disclose said history on their employement application, no matter how old the application, is a firing offense in any line of work public or private.

We have had worlers here that have been cleared in a background investigation, hired and later found out they had active warrants at the time they were employeed. So it is a great idea and I hope they are able to weed out anyone that has no business being a LEO.............no matter how old the arrest and/or conviction was.

Re: DETENTION DEPUTY BUSTED

Quote Originally Posted by FORMER LEO
    YOU GUYS SURE DO A GREAT JOB OF SCREENING YOUR EMPLOYEES BOTH IN THE JAIL AND ON THE ROAD.,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
    Your a FORMER LEO? Hmmm...Okay

Re: DETENTION DEPUTY BUSTED

Quote Originally Posted by FORMER LEO
    The jail is so short they've resorted to hiring inmates to supervise other inmates. At least we've still got good ole Ben Tarley Mills guarding the jailhouse.

Re: Deputy busted

Quote Originally Posted by silent talker
    to former leo-so you just assume that all deputies road and jail are liek this guy? What about the ones who have been there 20+ years and have nothing but superior reviews and use good judgement.

did anyone ever tell you what assuming does? makes a @)#*($$*
    out of you.

hopefully when you might ever need one, the good ones come to see you and if not then you deserve what you get.
    What? You guys are proving that you're ALL just a bunch of inbred idiots.

WERE SUPPOSED TO BE FAMILY

I am a little confused, this is my first post ever on this board. The main problem I see here is the fact that everyone wants to bash Detention and Detention wants to bash the LEO's. The bottom line is We are all employed by the Sheriff, all wear the same uniform, and if need be, would have each others back without a doubt. Are there bad apples in each department, sure there are, just as in every agency or profession in this world. I am currently in Detention and have been for over 5 years. I have an Associates Degree in Criminology, and the reason I went to detention originally was for the dream of going to the road. I had to go the Detention route because they paid for the training immediately and I only was required to do 2 years then could transfer to the road. Well with a wife and kids, I did not have the money to Pay my own way through the Law enforcement academy, with no benefits or insurance for my family, and then have no guarantee of employment. With Detention I was guaranteed from the beginning. There are a lot of Detention Deputies in the same situation. I have great respect for All Deputies, you guys on the road have a tough job that is sincerely appreciated, yes it is very dangerous. I have quite a few good friends that work on the road and I know what a lot of you go through. Unfortunatly ,We also have a tough job that you might not be aware of. Guys come in from court and just recieved 30 years to life, and they dont want to listen and yes we do have to go hand to hand to get compliance and defuse the situation. We don't have the gun, or taser or anything else, just God and the training and any backup we pray shows up. We deal daily with inmates spitting on us, throwing urine or blood, signal 20's throwing feces wherever they want, and we deal with this with no protection. With this Parity issue that seems to be up setting so many people. All we are asking for is what every other County surrounding Hillsborough is already getting. We are not asking to take anything from you guys. Yes a lot of deputies have been getting in trouble and it seems to be a downward spiral, but I will tell you this, for every idiot we have that makes a dumb decision, there are 30-40 that are good, honest, hard working Deputies that I would trust to have my back on any day. They just want to finish the job and get home to their wife and kids, the same as you do. Both jobs are Dangerous, does it matter who gets shot at most or who gets stabbed the most, or who deals with suicides and seizures and Aids, all day long. Again I say lets remember we are all PROUD to wear the uniform, we work for a great Agency, can it treat us better, yes it sure can, but it is still a very good job. Let;s try and be on the same team, respect each other, and remember, you never know who might be coming around the corner that might just save your life, don't judge. I know for a fact when I am driving if I see a Leo with someone pulled over, or searching an area, I slow down and observe to see if he might need assistance, I completely stay out of the way and never stop or interfere, but because of working in the jail and understanding the nature of the business, I do look out for you guys and I am sure almost every Detention Deputy does the same. Brotherhood is important. WE ALL NEED TO STICK TOGETHER. DONT JUDGE***********
    BE SAFE AND GOD BLESS..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast