...and the reports are in....(O'Hara - Chase) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: ...and the reports are in....(O'Hara - Chase)

Talk about DEJA VU-I find it hard to believe that this totally unqualified idiot is using up space again about running for Sheriff. He has no clue-no money-no brains-no innovation-NOTHING!!

I've been retired awhile...is this Ohara the guy from the south end we used to call Uncle Martin?

I thought O'hara running for sheriff was a joke. Well it still is a joke, but is he that moronic to think he is any way qualified to do anything other then be a mall security guard?

I was there, the suspect shot IN TO the building. Just because some moron writing for the Palm beach rag prints something, does not make it factual. The screw up facts about cases on a daily basis. I was also behind the suspect vehicle on I-95. We were doing around 35 mph. We had the ENTIRE highway blocked off from any other traffic. The stop sticks would have ended the chase right then and there. Ohara is a fool. Ask him how he dropped a shot gun years ago and shot his partner is the arse.

Hello, in resonse to the last post. John Sluth and myself were on a call on mids, his shotgun discharged into the driveway. Cement from the driveway struck me in the leg. Ok.

Yes it is correct I did not allow stop sticks to be used on I 95. I was the LIeutenant, it was my decision. If you can't follow or accept command decisions, go work somewhere else. Better yet, work there 18 years, work your way up to Sergeant, then Lieutenant and you can make your own decisions..

And one final note, man up, sign your name, and I can invite you over to discuss your concerns.

Pat Aahara

posting J.sluth's name was very uncool. So much anger Mr. O'hara. Please reframe from placing people's names on here and grow up. You're acting very unprofessional for a political man. I'd hate to see how you would react to the press during a debate. Either play fair on this site or stay away.

I remember the shotgun incident. I still can't figure out why someone would take a shotgun to clear a residential alarm. :roll:

And Pat, why don't you enlighten us as to why you made your decision to not use the stop sticks. I'm sure the viewers would like to hear your side publicly instead of in private.

Hello, To the previous to posts I wish to answer your questions. The reason he took a shotgun was because there was a woman who called us stating there was someone in her house. It was not a residental alarm. And as far as why he took it beyond that is you could ask him, he's a really great guy and I am sure he wouldn't mind being asked.

I used his name very respectfully, not to mention John and I have been friends for more than twenty years.

Why are people so hung up about names. Mine gets said here quite a bit.

The reason I did not allow stop sticks on 95 is because I deemed it unsafe, at 7:30 PM on Friday night. My decision. I was the the person in charge. I made a decision. It is really quite simple. There is no big story. Sorry

John ("Football-Head") Sluth is a very good guy. You are right about that Pat. I don't understand the rest though. Your decision to not deploy tire deflation devices on I-95 at 7:30 p.m. on a Friday night doesn't tell us all that much. There is an inherent risk every time we choose to deploy them, so what was so "unsafe" about deploying on this particular call.

We know that it was your decision and we know that you were in charge! That is why you are being asked about it, then and now. Your decision-making abilities, or concerns about the one's that weren't made, were the cause of a recommendation for demotion back to Sergeant, right? Listen......We all make mistakes and none of us are perfect. But, why did you not have much of any support in the decisions that were made on this call that you were in charge of? That is something that you need to learn from and come to grips with before you can even begin to think about running any part of this agency, much less the entire agency.

When you become a supervisor, you are not expected to be perfect, nor are you expected to make the "right" decision every time. But, as a supervisor, your decision making abilities should be sound and good most all of the time. If not, your troops and all of those around you will not have the confidence in you that they should.

Just a thought. You are a nice guy from what I know of you. But, being a "nice guy" is not what we are talking about on this thread. It's about an honest critique of your past performances and an honest assessment of your qualifications for running this agency. I do not believe that you are held in high esteem on either of these two points. I'd much rather you dedicate time and effort trying to convince the vast majority of us that we have it wrong, rather than coming on here talking trash about people in this agency and calling people in our executive and/or command staff unpleasant names. Say what you will about Musco but he is a straight shooter that will tell you where he stands. He will make the call on things where he can and he's not too proud to reach out for others to consult or confer on things that he knows less about. If you're a schmuck, he will tell you that. If you are squared away, he will tell you that too. That's not so bad, is it? It's his opinion and I don't see anything wrong with him expressing it. Depending on how you feel about him, you can weight it accordingly. There is something to be said, though, about honesty and a level of candidness. That's where the old addage of, "Sometimes the truth hurts," comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by haha
    I remember the shotgun incident. I still can't figure out why someone would take a shotgun to clear a residential alarm. :roll:

And Pat, why don't you enlighten us as to why you made your decision to not use the stop sticks. I'm sure the viewers would like to hear your side publicly instead of in private.
    Haha: As I remember, a while back the shotgun was defined as our primary weapon, not the handgun. Although SOP 551 has changed in that respect.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast