Uniform question
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Uniform question

I was at lunch the other day and noticed two deputies in black 5.11 pants, raid shirts, with drop rig holsters. There was a marked unit outside and they were not K9 officers, so just wondering are only those in specialized units authorized to wear this type of uniform or are all deputies on the road allowed?

I personally would prefer the all black, at least working nights.

How do you know they weren't K-9? Becuase they had no dog? They could have been training. I don't belive BSO has a tactical unit as PBSO does.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    How do you know they weren't K-9? Becuase they had no dog? They could have been training. I don't belive BSO has a tactical unit as PBSO does.
    I know they were not K9 officers because usually they wear a similar style uniform with K9 labels on the outer vest carrier and they had no K9 markings on the car. Training is a possibility and yes BSO does have a tactical/SWAT team.

Re: Uniform question

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I was at lunch the other day and noticed two deputies in black 5.11 pants, raid shirts, with drop rig holsters. There was a marked unit outside and they were not K9 officers, so just wondering are only those in specialized units authorized to wear this type of uniform or are all deputies on the road allowed?

I personally would prefer the all black, at least working nights.

Each BSO District has a unit called SRT, NRT, NST, etc, etc. and the have a specific function, be it surveillance or special enforcement activity. The issued uniforms for these deputies is how you described. The individual district picks the name of the unit, Street Response Team, Neighborhood Response Team, Neighborhood Strategy Team, etc, etc. They do not answer service calls as do the regular uniform deputies.

Maybe they were male strippers.

I HOPE THE HOMICIDE UNIT GOES TO CHAPS! BERENNA AND SCOTTIE THE HOTTIE WOULD LOOK FABULOUS! :devil:

Uniforms

And some districts have casual fridays! I personally wear short shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.

Tank top and spandex tights would work good too.

or you could be like d-10 and wear blacks everyday......

D-5

Dist 5 has been asking for volunteers to come in for OT and just sweep the zones, no 10-65, just make arrests. It's been great and we are wearing black.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast