Employment - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Employment

You get take home cars, right? I'd have to live in my cruiser because I doubt I'd be able to afford to buy a house there.

Re: employment

Quote Originally Posted by capt. quinn
    check out beufort south carolina. coastal town..near charlston starting pay in the 60's. dont know about the boobies. but the chicks sure have purty teeth.
    Beaufort, SC (correct spelling) is a very small department, Good luck with that effort. You can forget starting in the 60's too. Nice job with your research there Captain. :?

Re: Employment

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    What the deal with recruitment in this county? Is it worth applying? I thought I saw somthing on their site that said it pays 12 and change an hour? Any facts on this place?
    brother dont even waist your time applying to monroe county or FHP, they are dump-jobs with a constant rotating door. they pay crap and most deputies cant even afford to live there(monroe), they drive from homestead or other cities. in addition, they have a bad reputation with other police agencys (know for citing miami-dade & municipal officers) I was personally part of a boating trip in marathon,fl when a couple of those monroe county clowns cited the captain of my boat for having a 19 inch mahi-mahi fish aboard (limit is 20 inch) wooohoooo!! so the badge from other agencys dont mean shit down there.

Quote Originally Posted by they cite everyone
    What the deal with recruitment in this county? Is it worth applying? I thought I saw somthing on their site that said it pays 12 and change an hour? Any facts on this place?
    brother dont even waist your time applying to monroe county or FHP, they are dump-jobs with a constant rotating door. they pay crap and most deputies cant even afford to live there(monroe), they drive from homestead or other cities. in addition, they have a bad reputation with other police agencys (know for citing miami-dade & municipal officers) I was personally part of a boating trip in marathon,fl when a couple of those monroe county clowns cited the captain of my boat for having a 19 inch mahi-mahi fish aboard (limit is 20 inch) wooohoooo!! so the badge from other agencys dont mean shizzat down there.

Ok................one, I cannot speak for all deputies that work for my dept. I can tell u that I have litterly stopped hundreds of POs (most from Dade County and cities w/in Dade) and I have NEVER written any of them warnings or tickets. Also, 24 POs that work here live in DADE county, not because they can't afford to live in the keys, but because there is nothing to do but drink, beat your old lady and fish.

Don't come here!!!

This place sucks, save yourself alot of time..... Go to a real agency!!!!!

FHP

Or how about our yearly P.O.A.T ride to the middel keys... raising money for officers killed and their families.. but FHP has to write another cop.. on a bike doing charity work... did you ever here of a warning.. we all wear blue...unless it was something criminal.. warnings work wonders..

Lightbulb Re: Employment

Quote Originally Posted by they cite everyone
    brother dont even waist your time applying to monroe county or FHP, they are dump-jobs with a constant rotating door. they pay crap and most deputies cant even afford to live there(monroe), they drive from homestead or other cities. in addition, they have a bad reputation with other police agencys (know for citing miami-dade & municipal officers) I was personally part of a boating trip in marathon,fl when a couple of those monroe county clowns cited the captain of my boat for having a 19 inch mahi-mahi fish aboard (limit is 20 inch) wooohoooo!! so the badge from other agencys dont mean shizzat down there.
    Give it a rest man!!!! Just cuz one or two site cops it does not mean that we all do.. I have stopped tons of cops and never written a ticket!! Not everyone is what you make the agency out to be!!

i have applied with this agency and was wondering how good of a department it is to work for. I have been in law enforcement for the last 8 yrs and looking to relocate to the Keys or in florida. My goal is KWPD but I will settle for MCSO. I have not heard anything bad about this agency and was curious to know from those that are employeed to how the work enviroment is.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    i have applied with this agency and was wondering how good of a department it is to work for. I have been in law enforcement for the last 8 yrs and looking to relocate to the Keys or in florida. My goal is KWPD but I will settle for MCSO. I have not heard anything bad about this agency and was curious to know from those that are employeed to how the work enviroment is.
    Honestly dont waste your time. I have been there for 5 years with 7 total LEO experence and I am making 39K. Very limited off duty and pretty much no OT. They give you comp time if you work over your 12 hour shift. When u r hired, they give u the opition to join the comp bank. If you dont join the comp bank, your Sgt can and will order you to flex the extra time out so u will not get the OT and there is nothing u can do about it. So u might as well get in the comp bank so at least u get some extra time off if u get a late call. If you have court before your shift, they give u 2 hrs of court OT, thats it. They do not pay u OT for court travel time. If you live in Key West and have court in Key Largo, by the time u drive the 2-3 hours to court, have court and drive home, it is a 6-8 hour day but u only get paid for 2. The work load is not that hard but no $$$. If the right person (Peryam) gets in as the new Sheriff in November, hopefully things will change for the better. Good luck whatever u do.

Honestly dont waste your time. I have been there for 5 years with 7 total LEO experence and I am making 39K. Very limited off duty and pretty much no OT. They give you comp time if you work over your 12 hour shift. When u r hired, they give u the opition to join the comp bank. If you dont join the comp bank, your Sgt can and will order you to flex the extra time out so u will not get the OT and there is nothing u can do about it. So u might as well get in the comp bank so at least u get some extra time off if u get a late call. If you have court before your shift, they give u 2 hrs of court OT, thats it. They do not pay u OT for court travel time. If you live in Key West and have court in Key Largo, by the time u drive the 2-3 hours to court, have court and drive home, it is a 6-8 hour day but u only get paid for 2. The work load is not that hard but no $$$. If the right person (Peryam) gets in as the new Sheriff in November, hopefully things will change for the better. Good luck whatever u do.

If the right person gets in (Peryam) it wont be any different and you better GUARD your wife.....................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12