laterals
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: laterals

laterals

are u guys accepting apps for laterals and what do you think is the current state of the dept. (also info on pay, benefits, retirement)

i hear they are not hiring.

They will be hiring soon. They cant get a good contract so they are loosing some to the City of Miami. They are getting paid now.

I heard their feuding with their mayor. Is that true? Also, why would anybody want to leave coral gables to go to the city? As far as your contract goes what do you mean by no contract? And are you guys civil service or at will?

u would want to leave the gables because of career opportunities and lack of variety of work. it is a good department with good people but if u want to work and gain experience then it isn't the place for u.

BEWARE LATERALS

I would definitely not recommend any person apply for this department unless your the type of person that doesn't have much self esteem, self respect, or dignity.

Time after time, CGPD staff members and mid level supervisors prove they are all about themselves. They will sacrifice any subordinates career or reputation to save their own skin. They abuse their power by making B.S. excuses to schedule special details, training, or overtime for themselves. Staff level supervisors (Majors) work off-duty details as if they really need the extra income. They're practically stealing food off the plate of some poor single, or married with children CGPD Officer just trying to make ends meet.

CGPD Supervisors are modern day cowards. They never defend their officers when irate and irrational citizens make absurd complaints against them. Instead of telling the complainant they are wrong, and send them packing, they rather take the high road, and, write the complaint, however absurd, on a controversial "Contact Form", and/or let Internal Affairs handle counseling for them.

Supervisors prove on a daily basis, they are barely capable of doing their job, yet, they are promoted to a level of incompetence. The same supervisors, who not long before, found themselves sitting directly across the desk from a IA Investigator, in the proverbial hot seat. Of course, since becoming supervisors, they no longer can do anything wrong. Just ask any other supervisor!

Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't mention our glorious and corrupt city hall officials, elected and appointed. They are so far in deep, and so far over their heads, they have to tell ten lies to obscure or cover up each lie uttered before. The New York MAFIA is more honest and trustworthy than this group of unethical, incompetent, and arrogant buffoons.

If you want to give S. Florida an enema, stick the probe right in the middle of Coral Gables City Hall! No lubrication necessary. Need I say more?

LATERALS BEWARE

And here I thought Coral Gables P.D. was the oasis surrounded by a sea of pathetic, underpaid and overworked police departments! Is it really that bad? And if so, what is your FOP doing? :shock:

Wow! I thought you were describing OUR police dept. and OUR city hall!!
    Guess the crap is ALMOST the same EVERYWHERE in DADE CO.!! A REAL SHI! HOLE!...

This department is getting shitty real fast. :x

CGPD's Decline

Quote Originally Posted by gables cop
    This department is getting shitty real fast. :x
    Why? For as long as it can remembered, Coral Gables PD has been known for its good working conditions; a coveted department in which to work! Is it the chief, manager or the mayor that is causing this unfortunate decline?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast