Re-Election - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-Election

Thankyou Hmmmm

Thankyou!!!
    Finally someone around here that is using common sense.
    I have an idea....Let's take a sheriff, who's been a cop for quite some time now, take him out of office and replace him with a NYC corrections officer who's never worked a day on the road AND who wants to "CUT THE BUDGET"....HELLO you idiots.....that means he's gonna get rid of jobs!!! How are you gonna feel when you spend all this time campaigning for him, he gets into office and FIRES YOU!!
    Plus, he's worked so hard on his campaign strategy, he doesn't even know the issues in our county that need to be addressed! He's too worried about how much money he can save! That means no new equipment, no new cars, no new uniforms....or you have to buy your uniforms and pay to drive your own patrol cars! Think about it, because if you put this clown in office, that's where were headed!

Re: NOT 4 Dawsy in 08

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmmm
    Actually, Guest is correct. It doesn't matter what FWC, FHP or the Coast Guard can do. What matters is what CCSO can do... and currently CCSO can provided FULL law enforcement services to the citizens of Citrus County on land, water and air... including Homeland Security.

I think the other point being made is do you really want to elect someone who obviously has no idea which state agencies even exist and what resources they can or can not provide...

Mr. Hemmrick's site appears to be all about budgeting, as he specifically targets certain areas he believes he can reduce. No specific mention is made on his website about his plans to keep crime under control, or provide better public safety services.

Services cost money; training equipment, personnel, etc.... The old adage "You get what you pay for applies"....
    Speaking of adage i know of a few, one that comes to mind right now is "Too many chiefs NOT enough indians" thats the message i got from Hemmricks site NOT really sure what "Hmmm" got from it except he supports his commander probably because his FAT$$$ longevity check and dept. bonuses $$$ depend on it...

Its all a phasad with Dawsy, including his troops when in reality they are the only ones doing well, along with his admin. staff the belief the citizens SHOULD have is....smoking mirrors...

Real rocket scientist we have here "Hmmm" says services cost money. No kidding what's free in society? the ride to jail, nope even that costs taxpayers. However, what is free is the right to VOTE especially to rid the citizens of this Good 'Ol Boy philiosphy of my way or the highway...

those replying for Dawsy are in the regime...

So get the word out Citrus it's Time 4 Change!!!

Re: Wrong issue...

Hank Hemrick has stated that he intends to audit the departments expenditures, and trim the fat from those areas where the abuses are taking place. That is commendable in my opinion.

As far as I can tell, it is the deputies who are safe, and the upper ranks who should be worried about their cushy jobs, new gas guzzling vehicles & gas cards, and above-the-law mentality--(Marton & others).

Those who are abusing their positions, and you know who you are--will be the ones who go bye-bye.

The deputies are the bread and butter of the CCSO and I truly believe that the citizens love the men & women who put their lives on the line to protect us--It is they who deserve an Employee Bill of Rights. You will be heard, and your resources will not be taken away no matter what the status quo tries to say. The issues of importance during the upcoming election are the out-of-control spending with no accountability, and the "don't ask questions or have an opinion if you want to work for me attitude."

With that said...

It's election year and here is what I see:

NEW QUARTERLY PERIODICAL

Mr. Dawsy has created a quarterly periodical that outlines the "accomplishments" of the CCSO in past years. This periodical's inaugural issue coincidentally appears during an election year. The reality is that this is nothing more than election year propaganda, from a politician who is a master at manipulating what the public thinks, using taxpayer money to fund campaign literature that is disguised as a helpful and pertinent news periodical directly from the sheriff. Everything in the periodical touts the accomplishments of Jeff Dawsy, not the department as a whole. We as Americans, are fed information, and we don't look past the ink on the paper. We just fall in line with the one who makes us feel good now, while sacrificing the American way of life for ourselves and future generations.

HARASSMENT OF CITIZENS

There is an increase in the number of traffic stops that is noticeable to many people out there. I notice it, my neighbor notices it, and if you pay attention--YOU will notice it. Could this be a ploy to pull over as many citizens as possible, and give the vast majority of them warnings? This tactic will be used to gain favor with the voting public, because it makes them "feel good." Awe, I love my sheriff--he is so fair, he doesn't give me a ticket! I view it differently--I view this as harassment, pure and simple. Every day citizens are blind to the tactics that are being used, but they do feel harassed and intimidated--they don't feel secure.

THE BIG BUST!

Let me see if I have this straight...The CCSO has been working on this guy for two years--a guy who was well known to just about everyone in Crystal River as being involved in drugs for at least the past ten years--and so they set up this big operation with four individuals on the list of targets. They bring in the FEDS and have a total of 80 officers collectively, many of whom are dressed in garb that resembles para-military forces, and they only get two of the four targets on the list. The other three (count them--THREE) arrests are collateral arrests. Additionally, the Citrus County Chronicle is enlisted as an extension of the propaganda machine to plaster the news on the front page of the ONLY paper in town. I suppose if I was a power-hungry, ego-maniac, then I would recruit Mr. Mulligan to be my ***** too! Hey what better way to gain favor with the Public than to have the only local newspaper in town, print nothing but favorable information about you. And I wonder...What makes Mr. Mulligan so special in comparison to any other reporter or news organization out there????

2 1/2 HELICOPTERs ARE A FAILURE AND A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY

Roughly a month ago, a storekeeper was shot at the Citgo on Highway 44 near Connell Heights. A short time after there was the hum of the Sheriff's helicopter. They searched the area that night, and then they did the same thing the next morning. As of this posting, there has been no arrest made and so it would seem as though the helicopter proved useless outide of getting the pilot his/her flight time. Other high profile incidents that have involved the use of the helicopter are escapees from the Jail, which is run by the private firm Corrections Corporation of America. None of the escaped convicts that have been captured, have ever been located using the helicopter--they have been captured by good old fashioned police officers. I guess we should keep spending money on the useless nightly military-style patrols in order to maintain peace and security in our sleepy little county. I do not live in fear of crime--I fear the unchecked expansionof and abuse of power, under the guise that you are here to protect me. I fear the police state, which in many ways is already here. Keep federalizing the local police Mr. Dawsy! You are an American too, and YOUR kids will have to live in the society that you are playing a role in creating. Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither~Benjamin Franklin

SUMMARY

Any elected official who utilizes fear in order to expand the reach of government beyond its intended boundaries, should consider this. What are your priorities? Are you sincere in your service to the public, or are you serving your own selfish interests. Do you welcome the opportunity to be held accountable to the citizens who elected you, or do you silence those who question you through intimidation or harassment? Is the lack of transparency regarding your department's expenditures, in conflict with the the idea of open government of the people, by the people, and for the people? Remember what John F. Kennedy (A Democrat) said: "There is little value of ensuring the survival of our nation, if our traditions don't survive with it."

Think For Yourself...Vote your Conscience...Save your Country.

Out with the abuse of power and the status quo. Bring back the system of checks and balances that you learned about in grade school. It IS what made America great.

To those who serve, I say thank you and be safe. NEVER forget who and what you swore to protect!

A or B???

A change in command doesn't carry pink slips only those who FEAR the CHANGE or Opportunity to IMPROVE what already EXISTS.

Lets roll the dice of possiblities on the current ballot:

Option A) DAWSY wins the election for 2008, what does this mean; another 4 year term of the current schnanigans or as someone mentioned earlier propaganda. Which will mean another term for the current administraion because Richie, Burns and others have NO intention of leaving till Jeff strolls down the PRIMROSE PATH to RETIREMENT and NO WORRIES for PAYING his kids COLLEGE in FULL with our TAX dollars!!!

Option B) Hemrick wins; There are NO guarantee's in life, like getting rid this counties Good 'Ol Boy mentality once an for all. However, the train tracks leading right to the Sheriff office front doors haven't functioned in years, same with the CRONIES running the S.O. who WILL start cleaning out there desks before day 1....that is a guarantee my friends. This will allow time to evaluate what has to be done. The first six months will be status quo assessing what needs to be done to move forward with instilling FAIRNESS & INTEGRITY for all. TEAMWORK, leadership and professionalism can be restored but not until this county pulls together and gets the word out that its time for CHANGE. Remember the career service bill protects the administrative staff so Hemrick or the whoever would be the new Commander cannot terminate the current staff unless they were found NOT to be meeting current performance standards required of their positions.

2008 Ballot

Politics don't seem to go away even in my retirement. 26 years on the job and I have no choice even here but to listen to your concerns. I support what the troops needs are!

Id# 1027

HARASSMENT OF CITIZENS

There is an increase in the number of traffic stops that is noticeable to many people out there. I notice it, my neighbor notices it, and if you pay attention--YOU will notice it. Could this be a ploy to pull over as many citizens as possible, and give the vast majority of them warnings? This tactic will be used to gain favor with the voting public, because it makes them "feel good." Awe, I love my sheriff--he is so fair, he doesn't give me a ticket! I view it differently--I view this as harassment, pure and simple. Every day citizens are blind to the tactics that are being used, but they do feel harassed and intimidated--they don't feel secure.

It's not harassment... It's called proactive traffic enforcement. If you don't like getting stopped, don't break the law. It's that simple!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    HARASSMENT OF CITIZENS

"It's not harassment... It's called proactive traffic enforcement. If you don't like getting stopped, don't break the law. It's that simple!!!"
    Thanks for the TIP...

I believe the point to be made is the average taxpayer is viewing more traffic stops than ever on a trip to get coffee and donuts from D&D.
    We are in an election year, a time for change, the incumbent has started dirty tactics already to ensure his seat for the next four years. Candidates signs are already disappearing from roadside display from intimidation by guys in uniform to business owners displaying the signs. These stops on long time residents are yielding warnings or an "officer friendly" mindset to the eyes of the residents opposed civil infraction imposed fines. Proof is in the numbers warnings exceed imposed fines by 2/3rds of what is proactively being done or as stated a way of looking good in the eyes of a forthcoming electoral VOTE in his favor.........politics online, in person and on paper!

Re: Re-Election

Quote Originally Posted by Opposed
    Food for thought for those few of CCSO who actually pay attention and participate with this site.

Jeff's time is running out in 2008. Who will you vote in to replace him. The candidates are few but educate yourselves and citizens too before you re-elect Mr. Tampa Bay and his cronies to run Citrus another 4 more without being opposed.

Food for thought look at his track record of firings of experienced law enforcement officers recruited here to work for him. None are still here and yet his cronies are including Lt. now investigator Martone. Go figure fire and experienced officer with an exemplary background but keep a guy whose been stopped 4x for suspected DUI. Same with Perez gets popped in his unmarked for DUI and allowed to train new hires for years collecting insentive pay to teach new guys integrity, morals and professionalism that he doesn't have.....

Not for the incumbent.....

Dawsy or the other guy

I voted and will vote for the other guy
    Topics are few and far between on this forum. However, LEO Affairs has provided an inovative way for us to voice our concerns, our disgust, our dirt, our personal views and all without fear of retrobution. So for that I say Thank you LEO Affairs and Mod 349 for taking the initiative of allowing us to vent and have a safe medium of getting the word out.

Amusing enough is the very issues that have a viewing of more than 1,000 viewers. Some of those topics reviewed over 1k are window tint, pay, schedule and of course this topic has the highest viewing to date at 1200 plus which says alot for both citizens and patrol officers. It is very apparent that our administration is here also viewing and posting replies
    by the very nature of the posts or replies. This is what we call a CLUE in our chosen profession.

Since this your chosen career so sit back and ask yourself the following question. Why is Jeff and the current staff so against collective bargaining? It was APPROVED in 2003 by FL legislation as a form of representation by elected officials and many agencies in FL are currently or have some form of representation from Central FL south.

Everyone brags about how great Jeff really is....Its all smoking mirrors folks, he has an image in the public eye as a great "politian" and he really is to a degree. Look at the Whechler the atty. brought on for example; looks good in the public eye we now have our departmental counsel right? But what's with him getting state certified Law Enforcement on the almighty tax dollar of residents??? With 75k a year salary, he couldn't find 2500 to put himself through???? Then he makes this guy an executive staff Captain and never worked a day on the road as a patrol deputy making physical arrests, please...how can anyone respect this guy or take orders from an overpaid CRONIE being molded for the next election when Jeff walks away.

I appreciate the very fact someone sees through the phasod and is willing to take the challenge of running against him. If the viewers, posters and staff would put the same time into evaluating the candiadates. The fact of matter is the primaries are around the corner and an educated decision is extremely important to your chosen career. I implore you to inform yourself before committing to another 4 years of the same non-sense. Remember things are hunkdory till you got yourself in jam, then where can you turn too? All it takes is one phone call or complaint to make life hectic for you civilly or criminally and look at what is currently in place to represent you now? NOTHING!!!!! Or in Jeff's eyes "my way or the highway"

I can tell you from experience right, wrong or indifferent this staff will throw you far under the bus then get behind the wheel and drive it over you. If you haven't felt the wrath, good for you....But how long can you be a puppet and avoid the inevitable????

Think about your choices and options afforded to you by exploring those that are willing to LISTEN, CHANGE what isn't working, and be a true leader for troops opposed to a politian for citizens......

Re: Re-Election

Quote Originally Posted by Insight
    Quote Originally Posted by Opposed
    Food for thought for those few of CCSO who actually pay attention and participate with this site.

Jeff's time is running out in 2008. Who will you vote in to replace him. The candidates are few but educate yourselves and citizens too before you re-elect Mr. Tampa Bay and his cronies to run Citrus another 4 more without being opposed.

Food for thought look at his track record of firings of experienced law enforcement officers recruited here to work for him. None are still here and yet his cronies are including Lt. now investigator Martone. Go figure fire and experienced officer with an exemplary background but keep a guy whose been stopped 4x for suspected DUI. Same with Perez gets popped in his unmarked for DUI and allowed to train new hires for years collecting insentive pay to teach new guys integrity, morals and professionalism that he doesn't have.....

Not for the incumbent.....

Dawsy or the other guy

I voted and will vote for the other guy
    Topics are few and far between on this forum. However, LEO Affairs has provided an inovative way for us to voice our concerns, our disgust, our dirt, our personal views and all without fear of retrobution. So for that I say Thank you LEO Affairs and Mod 349 for taking the initiative of allowing us to vent and have a safe medium of getting the word out.

Amusing enough is the very issues that have a viewing of more than 1,000 viewers. Some of those topics reviewed over 1k are window tint, pay, schedule and of course this topic has the highest viewing to date at 1200 plus which says alot for both citizens and patrol officers. It is very apparent that our administration is here also viewing and posting replies
    by the very nature of the posts or replies. This is what we call a CLUE in our chosen profession.

Since this your chosen career so sit back and ask yourself the following question. Why is Jeff and the current staff so against collective bargaining? It was APPROVED in 2003 by FL legislation as a form of representation by elected officials and many agencies in FL are currently or have some form of representation from Central FL south.

Everyone brags about how great Jeff really is....Its all smoking mirrors folks, he has an image in the public eye as a great "politian" and he really is to a degree. Look at the Whechler the atty. brought on for example; looks good in the public eye we now have our departmental counsel right? But what's with him getting state certified Law Enforcement on the almighty tax dollar of residents??? With 75k a year salary, he couldn't find 2500 to put himself through???? Then he makes this guy an executive staff Captain and never worked a day on the road as a patrol deputy making physical arrests, please...how can anyone respect this guy or take orders from an overpaid CRONIE being molded for the next election when Jeff walks away.

I appreciate the very fact someone sees through the phasod and is willing to take the challenge of running against him. If the viewers, posters and staff would put the same time into evaluating the candiadates. The fact of matter is the primaries are around the corner and an educated decision is extremely important to your chosen career. I implore you to inform yourself before committing to another 4 years of the same non-sense. Remember things are hunkdory till you got yourself in jam, then where can you turn too? All it takes is one phone call or complaint to make life hectic for you civilly or criminally and look at what is currently in place to represent you now? NOTHING!!!!! Or in Jeff's eyes "my way or the highway"

I can tell you from experience right, wrong or indifferent this staff will throw you far under the bus then get behind the wheel and drive it over you. If you haven't felt the wrath, good for you....But how long can you be a puppet and avoid the inevitable????

Think about your choices and options afforded to you by exploring those that are willing to LISTEN, CHANGE what isn't working, and be a true leader for troops opposed to a politian for citizens......
    Bravo Mr Insight!!!

I hope you know all these people you are dogging,,,,,I know many different people in the county since i have lived here most of my life and was big in sports in school. Since being hired i have meet alot of new people in the s.o. I believe you will always have problems or not like certain people withn the ranks. But do you really know all the people on a personale level as to they say hey your first name. I really wish people would not dog people (legal guy who is a Capt now) he is a really good person who has a family. Do not hate someone because they have it better than you. He went to work and school just like everyone else, if everyone would try to speak about the real problems instead of just bad mouthing each other than more important matters would be resolved. Lets face it I get ticked when someone gets a free pass for something and I am busting my butt and don't get what he got. But I just keep chugging away do my job...I BELIEVE YOU GET WHAT YOU PUT INTO LIFE, I ALSO BELIEVE WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.... I WORRY ABOUT MYSELF AND TRY NOT TO WORRY ABOUT THE OTHERS THAT GET THE KITCHEN PASS........................

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast