How long before we get our chance?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How long before we get our chance?

Can anyone explain to me why so many people are getting to the road without spending their year in the jail? I've been here a lot longer than the new road officers, and haven't had the first chance to move out of the jail. Why isn't the one year rule being applied to everyone? Is it because we're just employee's?

it is called nepotism my friend....

Oh person of great hopes with serious disappointment. Rules are only important when those running the show want the rules to be important. The rules are a convenience for doing certain things and not doing certain other things. There is a long history of this and other unfair practices here.

It is time to get used to it and carry on or move on to greener pastures. It does not look like ther is any light at the end of the tunnel for now. Your only other option would be to sell out and get to know some of the right people.

Who are the right people and who should be avoided?

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Guest
    Oh person of great hopes with serious disappointment. Rules are only important when those running the show want the rules to be important. The rules are a convenience for doing certain things and not doing certain other things. There is a long history of this and other unfair practices here.

It is time to get used to it and carry on or move on to greener pastures. It does not look like ther is any light at the end of the tunnel for now. Your only other option would be to sell out and get to know some of the right people.

You decide

Only you can be the judge of that. If you are going to stick with this job find yourself a good mentor. Learn about the right and wrong way to do things.

Be your own person, you already know right from wrong. Don't get caught up in doing only whats best for you, especially at the expense of others. Do what you know you should do and don't do,,,, you get the picture.

Our Turn

Hey dudes and dudettes keep your heads up. Sometimes things happen and people who haven't put their time in at the jail get to go to positions either on the road or other sworn positions. It happens, whether it is a county commisioner's son, cousin or someone else. It happened when I was in the Jail (over 10 years ago) and it will be happening 10 years from now. It is the nature of the beast. DO NOT let that get you down. You will get your chance and you will be a great officer, because you have worked your way up honestly. You will be able to sleep at night because you know you earned everything you get. These people come and go, but the real dedicated team players are what make this place the Excellent department that it is. Keep up the good work and stay dedicated to your work ethic. :twisted:

bump

Testing

Will we ever get a chance at testing for the road? I can't remember the last time a patrol test was done.

Patrol Test

I didn't think there were any openings right now?

Ooooohhh the agony of it all...........

There will never be any road openings when you re-hire local dignitaries' sons and put them in patrol positons over those who have done their time in the jail and met the supposed criteria for consideration of promotion. (Did this guy EVER do any time on duty at the WCDC?) This is confounding to me because the general consensus sez this particular officer never was all that great the first time around.

Just keep your head down, walk fast and act nervous and one day boys and girls you just might get your shot at being the po po.
    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast