How long before we get our chance? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hiring substandard officers because of their connections is nothing new. And neither is getting rid of good officers because they aren't connected. If they want you, they'll hire you, if they don't want you around, they will find a way to dump you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Carl
    Ooooohhh the agony of it all...........

There will never be any road openings when you re-hire local dignitaries' sons and put them in patrol positons over those who have done their time in the jail and met the supposed criteria for consideration of promotion. (Did this guy EVER do any time on duty at the WCDC?) This is confounding to me because the general consensus sez this particular officer never was all that great the first time around.

Just keep your head down, walk fast and act nervous and one day boys and girls you just might get your shot at being the po po.
    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

LOL THERE WAS YOUR SHOT

EVERYONE COMPLAINED BOUT HIRING FROM THE OUTSIDE. WELL YOU HAVE HAD YOUR SHOT NOW IF YOU DIDNT APPLY SHUT UP. IF YOU DID GOOD LUCK IF YOU STILL DONT LIKE IT LEAVE WE DONT NEED YOU

I agree with guest 456. You guys had a chance, and only a few took that opportunity. Just know that even though you are promised that big Sergeant's position at the detention center does'nt mean that you will get it. You have to go through the same assessment to get the position that SHE or the Captain promised you. Her power may be running out now. You may want to sit back and consider who really makes the decisions on promotions. Good luck to the ones who wants to get out from under HER little world, because her power will end soon!!! YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK

Re: How long before we get our chance?

Ok, I'm no whining because I've been at the jail for years and haven't made it to patrol yet. I love my job and believe to be well respected by my co-workers, both detention and patrol. I do feel for those who would make great patrol officers and others get bumped in front of them because of connections or other reasons. I also find it amusing that most of those don't work out. ex. the big tranbarger. But here is a thought. I hope someone at the top reads ths. I and others believe it would be great for the department to swear in detention officers after their year of probation is up. This would benefit the department in many ways. It would certainly help moral at the the detention center. We could save patrol and support officers time by serving active warrant ourselves to people who are already in jail. Also, I'm sure many would volunteer on our days off to ride with patrol, which would put more officers on the street. Then, when their are patrol/support openings,
    the department could easily pick from these guys, who would already have some experience. Just a thought, but I and others believe this would help both the department and boost moral for those detention officers who would like to do more.

Unregistered

Here's a slot that's opening open?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12