Stand up and be counted - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yes Mole Meter is Right!!!

Don't worry, no admin allowed at meeting!!! No One above sergeant. But hey you know there will be note takers and spies, just watch you know who they are... ephuratrcurrie and ephuratcrenoshining, but don't be scared we will say what we want no matter whose there! Oh and I hear that during the meeting you can get your shoes shined and that Jenny Craig will be represented![/b]

MOLES IN THE PINES

There are no moles in the dept. We are becoming too far apart from eachother. Our sergeants are our first line of defense from the outside world who have very little knowledge of how we function. How many seargeants would you not go through a door with? I tried, but I cant think of any of them that I wouldn"t trust. Some more than others but none that I wouldnt go through with. If we can not voice our opinions without fear of retribution, then we are in a sorry state. But I have the same reservations. Bottom line is, capt D with or without malice, has caused alot of division among the troops. We have officers that want to go out change the world, like we all did at one time and we stand behind them. All of our senior officers

handle there zones, backup there fellow officers and when a call comes out thats hot, they are on it like white on rice. But they may not find that arrests for minor offenses just dont float there boats anymore if not necessary. All of us should be valued because we are all a very important part of this dept. Numbers dont define an officer alone. I think that the seargeants who are in charge of a shift should sit down and make it clear what they expect of their troops. I know I wouldnt give any less than was asked for by my sgt. out of respect. LOL if it was reasonable. Capt. D.,Canine 2 did an awsome job as you aknowledged, but your aknowledgement was so thick with the c.c. to the chief, that pepto b. was needed to avoid up chuck-chucking. You advised that night that you were in route to the scene and it would have made a great deal of differance if you approached him one on one and praised his efforts. Instead you Emailed him and with the C.C to the chief the next day. Theres always a reason why u couldnt but it you had, you would have shown that even though u dont agree with his personality, it was a job well done. I guess u could chaulk it up to your sound leadership of men.

I DON'T THINK HE EVER SHOWED UP. HE WAS ON THE RADIO, AND HE DID ADVISE HE WAS ENROUTE, BUT I NEVER SAW HIM.

Dude, I was on that scene that night. Our fearless leader NEVER showed up. I doubt he even called the sgt. Leadership from the front, isn't that what he says? Its one thing to say it, a whole 'nother thing to live it.

I have seen him roll his eyes whenever someone talks good about K9-2, and from what I understand, he did NOTHING to back one of the other K9 guys under his command who got in a little situation. Had he done the right thing, it would have been a dead issue(handled fairly - but by now in the past), but he proved once again that all he cares about is hisself.

I agree with a prior post - there is not one sgt that is off of probation that I wouldn't trust to take care of us if it came down to it (some better than others). And by that I mean treat us fairly. But no way do I trust the captain to be there. I think he forgot where he came from, but Im sure it is from only haveing actually worked the road for a total of 12 months.

Just wanted to thank the PBA for doing the right thing and calling a meeting to discuss these issues. Personally, I think a lot on these blogs hit "below the belt" and are unnecessary, but I think that we all agree that there is an obvious problem.

It is nice to see that the PBA is, as always, living up to thier side of the bargain to stand up for the rank and file.

Keep up the great work!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123