To Deputy Stabins - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

After all this has been said and done, Stabins is still doing stupid stuff, way to go bright boy. I think there is a service industry job in your future

Whats all that about?

Nine pages, almost 6,000 views, and 122 posts....The horse has been dead for months, but I believe if we keep beating it, it will come back to life. Don't stop posting/reading now. I think if Stabbins had have shot and killed the woman, there would not haved been a feeding frenzy like this. L-E-T I-T G-O...THE END...NFI...WHATEVER..

whats he still doing? kicking puppies? knocking old women over? let us know. he sounds like a winner.

he kicked a puppy? who does he think he is Mike Vick?

monday morning quarterback

With 20 years on the job, thousands of traffic stops, 800 dui arrests, 40 pursuits and seeing how the courts ror people and give them "double secret probation" time and time again I would have done one of two things...mind you I was not there and this is a catch 22....

1. Do not engage in a chase. Find her later or refer a charge. It is not worth a fatality in a pursuit for just a traffic charge, unless it was an agg. assault or forcible felony. Period. Cops with less time on, or with the ego, just have to swallow their pride and let them go. Is that being complacent? I suppose so but no one is getting killed and we are supposed to protect life right? Discretion my friends.

2. Take her dl, tell her to obey the speed limit and meet her at the hospital. If her story checks out fine. If not, arrest her and tow her car. Your discretion again.

Compassion only comes with experience. As for suspensions, purely a knee jerk reaction by Staff to save face...that's the nature of the political beast. I've been suspended to for trying to do my job....administrators in ivory towers quarterback you and forget what is was like to be a street cop making snap decisions. You just have to take those lumps and move on. Is that fair to mark your file? Hell no. But other people can do much worse and get no punishment...politics my friends...its everywhere.

lest we forget. remember the mistakes

While I do not think Stabins did anything wrong, let's not overlook the possibility that the staff may have disciplined him in order to promote him to Cpl. :shock:

I know you may be thinking "What the heck are you talk about...." :shock:

Have you forgotten the "MESS UP/MOVE UP" principle at HCSO? This might be another prime example.

Regardless, Stabins keep you chin high!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213