HCSO Dep Suspended - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

both were wrong, he'll be punished. we can't let situational a** holes turn us into situational a** holes. live and learn, now lets move on.....

Are you kidding me....

:shock: Anyone that thinks what the HCSO deputy did was right is nuts. We are talking about a TICKET. She is not a serial murderer. He is in the parking lot of a HOSPITAL. Discretion is one of those things we get to use. It is getting limited and limited each and every year. Why? Becaue of knuckle-head situations like this. If that was my wife, my daughter, my mother....better yet, the deputies wife, daughter or mother....he would be having a cow.

Re: Are you kidding me....

Quote Originally Posted by what?
    :shock: Anyone that thinks what the HCSO deputy did was right is nuts. We are talking about a TICKET. She is not a serial murderer. He is in the parking lot of a HOSPITAL. Discretion is one of those things we get to use. It is getting limited and limited each and every year. Why? Becaue of knuckle-head situations like this. If that was my wife, my daughter, my mother....better yet, the deputies wife, daughter or mother....he would be having a cow.
    I'm sorry............what exactly do murderers look like, so that I can be prepared for my next vehicle stop. Yes, I would be upset if that was a relative of mine, because they should know better then to drive like a bat out of hell with a cop behind them with lights and siren wailing. Not everything was done perfect with that stop, but life on the real streets is not Hollywood. Real bullets and knives come at you fast...........trust me, I know and it ain't pretty.

IA

That is fastest IA I have ever saw. Politicians think they can do anything. They should be careful. I tried to get a ticket voided once and it took an act of congress. I did make a mistake on the ticket and still had to go to court. Next time I'll call the sheriff.

Re: IA

Quote Originally Posted by senior
    That is fastest IA I have ever saw. Politicians think they can do anything. They should be careful. I tried to get a ticket voided once and it took an act of congress. I did make a mistake on the ticket and still had to go to court. Next time I'll call the sheriff.
    The fastest IA you've ever seen? This happened LAST NOVEMBER!

Having another "senior moment" are you?

:snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

Driving 30 mph over the limit, while highly upset, makes you about as dangerous as a drunk driver!! If you stop a car for that type of reckless speeding, and see that her emotions are not in check, and you allow her to drive off, and she strikes someone, your screwed!!!! I would never drive 95 mph on the freeway to get to a dying relative! Again, for that type of driving, you are also obligated to check her driving record. What if she is suspended? Again, you let her go and she crashes, screwed! She had zero right to flee. Period!! She should have been prosecuted! I don't like his tactic at the end, but I saw no excessive force. He grabbed and quikcly, and with force, to extract her. This was needed to prevent her from fleeing again. Remember, he still dosn't know if she is telling the truth. Wouldn't you start to DOUBT her story if she suddenly flees?? Most people wouldn't do that under those circumstances, even if they understand it. He didn't strike her, he didn't slam her to ground, which is what would have happened to a male driver, and he didn't taze her. It is just an unfortunate set of events that were caused SOLELY by the actions of the women.

Quote Originally Posted by copfactor
    Driving 30 mph over the limit, while highly upset, makes you about as dangerous as a drunk driver!! If you stop a car for that type of reckless speeding, and see that her emotions are not in check, and you allow her to drive off, and she strikes someone, your screwed!!!! I would never drive 95 mph on the freeway to get to a dying relative!

As the saying goes, You're not from around here are you?

The road in question had a newly created and artificially low 35 mph limit because it had been designated a "Senior Zone" due to being in front of a retirement village. Little old ladies were having trouble crossing the street which was four lanes wide with a raised median in the center.

It was formerly a 45 mph zone and a few blocks further away it was a 55 mph zone. The roadway was just as safe for 55 as it was for the politically lowered 35 mph limit, especially at close to midnight when the little old ladies were not out walking.

So, you see, in terms of genuine hazard this was not the same as driving 95 on the freeway.

No matter how you try to justify things, if the deputy had simply accompanied the woman the additional 40 yards to the ER entrance and given her a ticket after she checked on her father, there would have been no incident.

:!:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123