All Troopers Quit ASAP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

All Troopers Quit ASAP

This is for all FHP troopers. Once again our pay raise has been shot down. We are now officially the lowest paid state agency in the United States and yet we live in a state with one of the highest cost of living! You will never see the salary you should making or even come close to the salary troopers have in other states. You are spinning your wheels with a state/agency that doesn't care and will never care. We have had 4 troopers that have been killed just in my short career and yet even this is not enough to get us what we need. You say we have good equipment! Who are you lying to? Do we have rifles? Tasers? Undercover cars? Fast pursuit cars? You all think FHP is soooo great because we can print tickets out in our cars. Big freaking deal!!! Pay me $4500 a month like I should be getting paid and I will gladly HANDWRITE 50 tickets a day!

If you are staying with FHP because you like it, then you may be retarded, but ok stay here then. If you are staying here because you think things are going to get better, then you are lying to yourself. Apply elsewhere and end the CONSTANT lies and false hopes. I have worked here for several years and I am technically making LESS money than when I started if you take the ever increasing cost of living into consideration. Even without inflation I still only make about $1,500 more a year than when I started. Taking this job was a good idea in theory I guess, but it is time to leave. I deserve more and will no longer risk my life for an agency and state that doesn't care about me. I suggest you all do the same!!

C/ Trooper

FHP staffing is about to get much much worse...stand by everyone!!!! I am sick to death at the crap this agency gets put through. Oh almost forgot just to make sure the shot in the chest feels good, YOUR health insurance cost is going UP!. This agency SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets strike in our own way! Everyone DO NOT write tickets unless you have to such as in a crash. If you aren't on a call go x23 somewhere with your coworkers and enjoy your time together. Don't go out there and run radar/laser or watch redlights. Let's not do CRAP!!! What has our hardwork brought us? Nothing, but a bank account in the negative zone! I put my life on the line everyday to protect this state and I get NOTHING!

It is time we think of ourselves since NO ONE else will!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey 114th Class, better quit now while you have the chance, its not to late!!!

Hey 114th Class, better quit now while you have the chance, its not to late!!!

Come apply at one of the larger sheriff's offices and keep the same retirement you already have. I make well over 50K a year as a slick sleeve deputy BEFORE any overtime ... and no, I'm not in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Broward, or any of the others you may think.

Then where r u from FL Deputy? I'm ready to start filling out the applications!

Its not Sarasota

Quote Originally Posted by FL Deputy
    Come apply at one of the larger sheriff's offices and keep the same retirement you already have. I make well over 50K a year as a slick sleeve deputy BEFORE any overtime ... and no, I'm not in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Broward, or any of the others you may think.
    Yeah tell me I am a Sarasota Deputy and its not here.

We are experiencing the same screw over the State cops on here are The county told our Sheriff to cut our budget my 10 million. Dont worry PBA will save us. yeah ok. 1100 people in our agency and we havent seen a raise in two years and the property tax jumped 110%.
    Good luck Troopers we can relate.

Its time

Sorry to hear this terrible news guys......So now its time to take care of yourselves and your families. Find greener pastures. They do exist and with some research into the areas you might be willing to work, you can find them. Keep one thing in mind. The bigger the agency, the more opportunities available. Many places have traffic units, or any other aspect you might be interested in. GO FOR IT ! !

I am outa here

I am curious where some of my fellow Troopers have applied. I am also thinking that enough is enough and would like input as to the agencies others have researched and found to be worth while so I do not waste my time looking at the ones that are not worth it. I am willing to go just about any where in the state as I already am staioned in S. FL. Please list the agencies you guys have found to be good and why. Thanks!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast