PBA message board... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

There is no point, the PBA would not read it to help us. They would read it to say ok that is what we will not give them.
    Right now our mass communication tool is MDC messenger and a lot of people don't even have access to it.

I don't think it would be the answer to all of our problems but it could certainly help make us more organized.

Call it the BrowardSO message board or whatever. Registration could be handled by word of mouth and email. Name and CCN gets you a username and password.

PBA message board

I think this idea was alittle to late. I think Mr Brickman and family are dug into the Broward Sheriff's Office, and the PBA like Texas ticks. No more like a leech. I think the answer is another Union. But I would like Brickman and family removed. Wow providing intel of people and car numbers who attended the meeting how sneaky. And who in the Broward Sheriff's Office is getting a kick back from the PBA, this is the exact reason the Federal Government should intervene and review their financial records. Fourteen years, thats to long to be earning money through others labor. If the PBA stays as the official representative, we need to mandate a limitation on the term in office I say contract length or three years is a sufficient term. What do you say the hard working member?

PBA vs IUPA

I was there when the FOP thought they could not be removed; In came the PBA.

PBA can be removed also but the answer certainly isn't the IUPA.
    This isn't to slight our fellow deputies who serve as PBA Rep's, but if all you hear are complaints something's not working. Don't you have a responsibility to be accountable?
    We all know the problems with running a Union and trying to please everyone is the surest road to failure. However, The members don't feel their needs are being met. You would think if the PBA truly had the BSO Deputies' concerns at heart, they would publicly be working towards meeting those goals.

Final Thought: PBA, You need to find a better way.

Lifetime Appointment

No Executive Board Member of the PBA has a "lifetime" appointment. If you all did your homework instead of complaining all the time, you would know that. That honor belongs to Bobby Bowden. You people, and we all know who you are, need to either step up to the plate and create the change you want or just plug your pie hole.

Hey Lance, nice job sending in those duplicate cards for your "new" union. I guess the PBA isn't the only one that's corrupt.

Hey Lance, nice job sending in those duplicate cards for your "new" union. I guess the PBA isn't the only one that's corrupt.

PBA Vs IUPA

I was hired when Deputies had no rights, job protection, overtime, got $5 of duty witness fee for court and could be fired without cause. Now you have the PBA who is not in bed with the Sheriff but has a good relationship with the agency which is easier to negotiate. Some of you think we need a radical PBA like Fort Lauderdale Police FOP is, well they do not want to be that way. They have to be, because the City of Fort Laud has historically always tried to bone the cops and they have an adversarial relationship.

Now you have a good salary, overtime at 1 1/2, great family health insurance with affordable premiums, prescription plans, paid college tuition, dental, vision, take home car with unlimited fuel, job protection, Police Off Bill of Rights, solid pension plan with several options that you do not have to contribute to, deferred comp, DROP and much more.

If you think it is so bad here look around to other depts in the country who pay 14% of their salary into pensions, pay huge money for health plans, etc. Check out Corporate America, how would you like to be a Delta pilot and have them take away your pension after 25 years, backed up by a court. Or corporations cancelling pension plans, and telling employees to get their own health plans. The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there. I have been here 33 years and have seen many quit leave the state, go to other agencies only to return to BSO with their tail betweeen their legs begging for their job back.

The PBA and BSO is not perfect but we have darn good benefits as I outlined. And IUPA? Please they do not even have a track record and they listed that the PBA asked the Sheriff for a fair and equitable pay increase as if they were leaving it up to Jenne. NOT true. I was a negotiator and you always start that way, and let the Sheriff make the first pay offer, so you can go up from there. If you make the first pay increase offer maybe the Sheriff was going to go higher but now only has to agree to your first low bid! IUPA knows this and is only blowing smoke at you. And if they don't know that then who the heck wants them representing us, not me.

I am not a company man, I have had a reputation for years as being out spoken to Supervision and Administration. But I know we do not have it that bad and it could be worse. Ask yourself this. Unless you have a specialty education or talent, what would you being doing if BSO did not hire you. Driving a Bulldozer or managing a Wendy's? And if you do have a specialty education or talent and could do better why are you still here? I know some of you will write back and ubdoubtedly slam me for this as if I am an idiot. But as I stated on other comments I have made, at least I have the nerve to sign my name. How about you?

Gary ****inson, An Old Deputy

Ok Gary, maybe you would have a different opinion if you were back on the road and not at the airport with a restriction of how many hours of O.T a week? If I were making 6 figures a year I would support the PBA too. And don't try and say I can come to the airport too because your Sgt's play the favorite game!!!! Enjoy your fat pension not because you earned it but you hapened to be at the right district at the rigth time.

I'm not looking around the country, I'm looking around the county. I'm sick of people comparing our career to others. I don't care what Delta pays, Motorolla pays, or what Mcdonalds pays. They are different and they have their own pay scales. Just pay us what is fair for being a LEO in Broward County. I love my job, but that doesnt mean I do it for free because not everyone is qualified nor capable to do it.

Dear Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Ok Gary, maybe you would have a different opinion if you were back on the road and not at the airport with a restriction of how many hours of O.T a week? If I were making 6 figures a year I would support the PBA too. And don't try and say I can come to the airport too because your Sgt's play the favorite game!!!! Enjoy your fat pension not because you earned it but you hapened to be at the right district at the rigth time.
    Dear Guest, Most Districts are doing mandatory overtime that you can earn. However, a lot a deputies prefer to work the airport due to the fact that the airport deputies, including ****inson, handle any and all reports and calls for service. They also stand outside in the elements 24/7 and do traffic control for thousands of travelers. It's definitely not for everyone.
    If you would care to assist the District, Sgt. Wurms posts open TSA details every week on the MDT. Please feel free to contact him or myself and we will be happy to sign you up for TSA details. (954) 359-1244

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast