Greenacres PD - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greenacres PD

West Palm Beach PD

what about West Palm Beach PD? Good agency? busy? hows the admin?

Re: West Palm Beach PD

Quote Originally Posted by guest03044
    what about West Palm Beach PD? Good agency? busy? hows the admin?
    It was a good place and now we have their Chief. The current admin sucks, and PBSO is still overall better. I came from West Palm PD and while there were some benefits I would never go back. I make more money at PBSO not having to contribute and pay as much health care. After working at PBSO I would never work for another city.

Damn, that sounds awful, I already applied and I spoke to the ONLY lady in HR and she said I would need to take a PAT. Apparently they administer their own, so I went over to the PD and they have no idea what the PAT consists of and they don't know where or when they administer it.

taking over GA

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by gfym
    Listen to me, Whatever you do, DON'T apply at that Police Dept called Greenacres!
    I once worked there, and that is the biggest mess up department i've ever seen.
    If you don't believe me, ask the 50+ officers that now work at PBSO.
    Greenacres will destroy you, and smash you into a thousand little pieces!
    Did I make my point?
    Good luck, apply at PBSO, and have a nice day.

Greenacres Police Dept should cave in on itself anyday. That place is God-awful.
    I live in GA and I pray everyday that the SO will take them over.

lol, i already applied....

So I called Greenacres PD to see what the deal was with my app since I haven't heard anything for over a month and they advised me they are in a hiring freeze due to budget cuts as well, they should hear somthing from the city manager by mid to late june. I suppose gettin on with greenacres and it being taken over is a good way to get grandfather'd in with PBSO. I hear PBSO's hiring process is somwhere up to 9 or 10 mo's.

Joyce Stelling, the HR Manager said she personally has reduced the time of being hired. But that is only if this new online system is running ok. If not, they have no idea where any applications went. In closing, the entire HR unit needs to be revamped. Major Vecchia, Stelling....the cigarette smoking club....needs to go.

God greenacres don't do it, palm Beach s*** If you like picking the news paper and garbage cans. PBSO im telling you is the way to go big time.

www.pbso.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12