"My MDB is down, I gotta reboot" "Radio look

"My MDB is down, I gotta reboot" "Radio look

He must say this at least once a day. Like we all need to know his PC is smarter than he is.

Here's what you can try before a reboot:

#1 Look at your aircard, thats the blue or black thing sticking out the left side of your laptop. Is it pushed in all the way? Is the little light flashing? If all is well you can hit "CTL" "ALT" "DEL" all at the same time. Then click on your "Task Manager" option. shut down the aircard program. Then goto your desktop, thats the blue screen with all the icons on it. Double click the Air Card program and then click on connect. Then log the aircard on as usual.

In lieu of the task manager option you can try opening the Aircard Manager program and disconnecting, then reconnecting.

I'm sure this will be TMI for many of you and you will go on saying, "my aircard is down I gotta reboot." and you will restart your PC.

#2 In SONET under the CAD tab there are tons of useful things for patrol. Statutes & verbage. Frequently used #'s like local agencies.

If thats too hard for you to do try the "NOTEFILE" tab on the left side of your MDB screen. Man it has everything. Most the phone numbers are out of date because they are in SONET. But it can tell you how to run almost anything in FCIC and it has dates for Traffic Court, NTA's and ordinances.

----Just some useful hints, now bash away......

Well by now everyone should know he loves to hear himself on the radio. He is always first to get on the radio and advise he will be a x94 on that animal complaint.

With that said, just reboot and if radio gives you a call, they will ask if you got it. Plus, you DON'T need to be logged off or cleared when you reboot. Your status will remain the same as it was before your computer crashed.