oral interview
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oral interview

oral interview

Hello all
    Any info about the oral interview.

interviews

it is set up on situation, task action results. Situation you have and the task what you did and results.

INFO

Hello,

I am thinking about working for your agency. Could someone please provide some insight into the agency. What should I expect and how are you assigned to your schools or other divisions. What is the pay and leadership like. Thanks, I appreciate any info.

Job update

A few questions :

How many openings are there, approx ?

When does the department start hiring again once school ends ?

What is covered in the hiring process and how long does it normally take to get hired ?

Thanks.

Re: oral interview

Quote Originally Posted by ret. mos
    Hello all
    Any info about the oral interview.
    You might want to try PBSO because I have a friend who works for the school police and she's not happy about their financial situation. She said that they have not been getting paid all of their money for overtime gigs and they have new supervisors who have not been paid for their promotions to this day. I thought about working as a school police aide but if they're screwing up the officers' pay, I know they're screwing up the police aides' pay. Now if you're already in the process of being hired, you might as well stick it out. Who knows, they might straighten out their financial problems before you get hired. Just food for thought.

I'm a teacher with the Palm Beach School District. Its true that the new payroll system has fouled up the paychecks of all employees. The officers at my school have told me that the District does not appreciate them. After the tragic events at Virginia Tech, the District was assuring every that the schools were safe because the District had its own highly trained police force, then told them in negotiations that even though they had money to give them a sufficient raise, they did not want to because they don't face dangers that city police officers face.

salary

Sad but true, the district does not treat its officers very well. In fact, this is the reason for such a high turn over rate.

It will take a sad event like the UT shooting ( which we hope never happens here ) before the district will know the true value of what the officers do day in and day out at our schools with the kids. With such a high profile gang war going on in our County right now, one would think how important the school officers are.

Word is they are down over 30 officers with more to leave soon, if this is the case when will more officers be hired ? The parents and the media need to make this a top priority, lets not wait until its to late.

Hiring

Being that they are down so much, maybe they should look at getting rid of the "You must have 2 years road expierence to be hired" requirement.
    Hire some fresh cops out of the Academy who are ready and willing to come over..Just a thought. Be Safe

How long does it take to get an interview?I applied well over a month ago.

From what I hear, you are great at the Oral Ret!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast