Islamorada Sandbar - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

You'd be surprised

Let's hear more about this sandbar! I'll be vacationing in the Keys soon!

Just got back from Islamorada. All I've got to say is WOW!

Surely you brought us back some pictures. Didn't you??? :twisted:

I've fished out of Islamorada many times over the years. Sometimes the crowd on the sandbar is fairly conservative and sometimes it's pretty wild. Many lovely ladies, often in various states of undress. You Keys folks have it made!

what a useless post

lighten up queer

teehee!

Hey, if any of you homos really think this is a useless post, then you really must be homos!

Boobs, especially bare ones, are of paramount importance!

I just want to see some sweet titties! And you "enlightened" or politically correct types (and homos) can whine and posture and do what you will, but red-blooded American (heterosexual) males want to see titties. That's just a fact of life. So when you dutifully do your posts -- when you're not adjusting your Birkenstocks and eating granola or hummus or something -- and excoriate those of us who happen to enjoy the human mammary gland(s) and call us homophobes or whatever the politically correct buzzword is these days .... we'll know where you're coming from.

In fact, at the risk that you actually will, you can just suck my lily-white pee-pee!

Boobies!

Boobies!

Geez!

At the risk of stirring the pot, I would actually like to make a serious inquiry about this sandbar. My wife and I plan to vacation in the Keys soon, will be bringing our boat, and we've both done a bit of research on interesting places to fish, hang out and catch some sun. The sandbar gets some decidedly mixed reviews, with some sources seeming to say it's essentially G-rated with good, clean fun, and others saying it's sometimes X-rated and with lots of creeps and weirdos. I think we're looking for something maybe R-rated, and ideally minus the weirdos and creeps. I get enough of them at work.

We'd appreciate comments from anybody familiar with the area.

Thanks!

Georgia, your information is probably fairly accurate. Depending on when you go, sometimes it's a zoo and the behavior is very risque, and other times it's fairly sedate. Weekends and especially holidays it gets pretty crowded and folks get pretty rowdy.

My wife prefers to sunbathe without a top and sometimes nude, and of course I highly approve. There are probably not very many places in the Keys where that's a problem in a boat. I've never seen topless sunbathing raise any eyebrows on the sandbar, or anywhere else for that matter. On land, that's a different story, although it's fairly common at Holiday Isle, the huge mega-complex in Islamorada near the sandbar, and at many places in Key West.

You can find plenty of your creeps and weirdos in Key West, you'll occasionally see boatloads of naked people and there's actually a clothing-optional bar. I generally don't go to KW except for the fishing, which is outstanding around the small islands just off Fleming Key, where you'll limit on mangrove snapper before you know it. Use sturdy lures because the barracudas will destroy Zara Spooks and the like in short order. There's a little-known boat ramp at the end of Simonton Street that's very handy. You might also try fishing either end of Vaca Cut in Marathon right before dark, because the tarpon will nearly jump in the boat with you.

Be sure and go to the No-Name Pub at some point and try their shrimp pizza. Go to Big Pine and ask for directions because it's hard to find.

I think you'll find the sandbar, and the Keys in general, amenable to R-rated fun. It's generally an open-minded, live and let live sort of place. Post again before you come down. We can arrange to get in touch and I'll give you GPS coordinates for some good fishing and diving spots. Perhaps we'll arrange to hook up for a drink or something.

Have a safe and fun trip, Brother!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast