PBSO application question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PBSO application question

Anyone know how long the application process is for a experianced officer?

Thanks

I applied in the beginning of the year. I am about to hit 3 months. I think there is a hiring freeze. Not quite sure. At the beginning things seem to go fast. I knocked out my polygraph and psychological in less than a month.

Hiring freeze? wow, i sure hope not.. :?

Quote Originally Posted by FLOFFICER
    it will be lifted very soon

THINK TWICE

Quote Originally Posted by BSO BETTER
    THINK TWICE
    ha ha ha. BSO??? Yea right, you are one of the lowest paid in Broward County. Ask any Deputy who came from BSO, they hated it there. Ask any Deputy still there, and they still hate it. Not to mention, the community doesn't like BSO. You need to go and post on BSO's page

so the freeze will be lifted soon? What are the best districts to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    When i inquired with HR regarding the "Hiring Freeze" it was explained that it is not so much a freeze, rather the Sheriff reviews each position for "Operational Necessity". I would hope road patrol and the jail would be automatics.

Rumor mill has it PBSO is 9 million in the hole because of all the PD's we have absorbed, and some towns havent paid on their contracts. I dont know if this is true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Been There, Done That
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    When i inquired with HR regarding the "Hiring Freeze" it was explained that it is not so much a freeze, rather the Sheriff reviews each position for "Operational Necessity". I would hope road patrol and the jail would be automatics.

Rumor mill has it PBSO is 9 million in the hole because of all the PD's we have absorbed, and some towns havent paid on their contracts. I dont know if this is true or not.
    That's what I heard. Mangonia Park only had a few cars and we had to dish out the rest. The only city that paid the contract was Royal Palm Beach. The others did not have the money to pay. Also with the tax cuts coming up you're going to see the cities in the Glades lose their city charter. Also many more cities affected by the tax cuts are looking to merge with the SO. The hiring freeze is somewhat related to how much the Sheriff is going to get next year because the county is scared they are going to lose a lot of money with the tax cuts. This wasn't a issue with the Sheriff rather someone at the county told him he needs to hold off hiring people until they can find a solution for his budget increase next year. All I can say we need the money and it's about time someone is trying to get it.

Looks like the boys in Lake Worth are gonna have to wait in us possibly taking them over. We can't afford to bring in another city when we're still trying to recover from our own financial mess. We're still recovering from Mangonia and Glade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast