Davie PD is hiring POLICE OFFICERS - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Schlongo
    You mean like Hialeah??? Several of them made the switch not long ago.
    my first post was in response to the lack of quality/ quantity of good applicants to choose from for law enforcemant in general. when most of us applied years ago, we were in a pool of hundreds of people trying to get hired for a few jobs, at any agency that would take them. now, there are very few willing to take this job and even less applying. mr schlongo, you jumped to conclusions and tried to rip the hialeah guys, so you obviously either dont work here, dont like them or dont know them.
    once again the post was for the challenges facing the recruitment of new hires not existing certified cops.
    for clarity purposes, i also didnt mean to offend any former corrections officers...i was simply eluding to the past instances that if you couldnt be a leo, you could at least try to hook up w/bso at the jail and eventually get lucky and crossover. i hope this clears it up for you any anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by hiring
    mr schlongo, you jumped to conclusions and tried to rip the hialeah guys, so you obviously either dont work here, dont like them or dont know them. .
    Nahh, I happen to have several friends in HPD & since there?s been a lot of them applying in Davie perhaps I thought that you were talking about them. So I guess we got that taking care?..
    my first post was in response to the lack of quality/ quantity of good applicants to choose from for law enforcemant in general.
    Quality in the eyes of whom??? Many want to hold leos in a set of standards that they themselves don?t have. Quantity is there but since everybody is hiring the number is spread out, a lot have gone to Palm Beach
    when most of us applied years ago, we were in a pool of hundreds of people trying to get hired for a few jobs, at any agency that would take them. now, there are very few willing to take this job and even less applying
    If I remember correctly back in 96 when I was still an Army MP I thought of making the cross-over to civilian LE & there were as many applicants as they are today. As a matter of fact, the requirements for getting hired have risen substantially where applicants now most have a college degree where years ago that was unheard of. If anything a lot of agencies have learned a lesson from hiring questionable leos (so called quality officers) because of their experience not based in character, moral or values.

im not sure where you acquired your info for broward , but the number of people that are applying and qualifying in so low that departments, including ours, have no choice but to review people that they may have passed on years ago...and thats not to say that those that do make it are not in the upper "quality/quantity"...... your right that pbso did dent the pool of applicants, (as well as the economy and taxes), but regardless of opinion the bottom line is we have openings that we cant fill........ and there are only a few agencies that require a college degree though i believe it does help

Uhmm, I guess Davie has high standards, that?s good, it keeps the slugs away. As far as candidates I suppose that the pool for certified officers might be getting smaller but the non-certified is getting bigger by the hour. I did some training at BCC the other day & spoke to one the salties that runs the PAT (I believe is an old PBSO cop). Anyways he told me that BCC runs the test center like a meat market. There?s no shortesh of applicants rain or shine. Of course there?s plenty of out of shape youngbloods out there. Is a shame that are their age they look like that.

Hiring info

What are the department rules for your take home car program, please include the distance rules as well.

Just to verify they are pay $ 2,000 per year for every year of experience over 11 years.

Thanks.

Re: Hiring info

Quote Originally Posted by Other agency
    What are the department rules for your take home car program, please include the distance rules as well.
    Just to verify they are pay $ 2,000 per year for every year of experience over 11 years.
    PAPVs are issued after FTO training and for Broward County resident officers they can be used for off-duty purposes as well as to and from work. For out of county residents, with the Chief's permission, the cars can be used to and from work only (no personal use out of the county). I don't know of a case where the Chief has denied an out of county officer their take home. The only thing that stinks about the program is when your car is downed for service, or in the body shop (even if a crash is not your fault), you cannot take a pool car home...

I have not heard anything about incentives for Officers with experience...

info

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. The job listing for certified officer lists $ 2,000 per year after 11 years of experience. I just wanted to verify I was reading it correct.

So lets say a lateral, from Havanaleah ofcourse, with 11 years plus, 9.5 with Havanaleah.....how mush?
    It would be nice to work mids again with my buds Steve, Scott, Marco, Danny, Maiker, Eddie, Mark, and Marco. Forget anyone?

Oops forgot Mike the BOZO Boza!

You forgot Jeff and Ben. Jeff is doing backgrounds for new applicants.. Call him. 954-693-8200

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast