NO 19'S - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NO 19'S

AN ALTERNATIVE

To Brother X - Your idea is laudable, but lacks the gravitas to be an effective change agent! What else to do? Emulate the efforts of your brethrens at the Miami Police Department. Nothing intimidates bureaucrats and politicos more than the probing eyes of television cameras and reporters asking why is this happening mayor, chief?

Here is the strategy: Each day, Civilian and Sworn members who are on their regular days off will gather in front of City Hall and peaceably demonstrate articulated grievances with elected and appointed city officials. Engage -- no -- demand the assistance of your PBA officials in this endeavor, bring friends and family members, especially children, the media loves that and . . . yes wear your red bands! Try this, but not for one or two days, but for as long as the administration refuses to provide the tools; yes tools such as take home cars, on board lap top computers, and commensurate pay and benefits needed to effectively serve the city and citizens of Hialeah. Take the public relations battle to them and watch the pencil necks wither under the heat of public scrutiny. Otherwise, wear the red bands, assume your message will be noticed and when not, like a bad marriage resign yourself to a pathetic existence!

I admit it, this alternative is not for the testicularly challenged in the case of males, or timid females. Though I suspect that most female officers and civilian support personnel might have more brass in them than many of the males on the force!

The questions is: WHITHER HPD SWORN AND CIVILIAN SUPPORT PERSONNEL?

Quote Originally Posted by MIDKNIGHT
    To Brother X -

I congratulate you on the idea of wearing a rubber bracelet band to signify our unity. However in all honesty, I've been noticing officers wearing them of different colors, and I have already seen the bands of which you speak in both red and blue. Also whomever decides to participate should pay out of their own pockets for any item to be worn because anyone will take a freebie if someone is giving them out. People will appreciate an item more if they purchased it with the money they have sweat for. What we need is something that stands out more though. This will take some though.

To Masked Marauder -

I also congratulate you on mocking the idea of displaying unity with your own brothers and sisters in blue, assuming though you are an officer. I am one that takes what your comments as constructive criticism, and will now venture forth with this plan with a new hope. In reference to your comments on our SWAT and CRT units, in my opinion, unless you are or ever were part of of the those units, maybe you will never fully understand what goes on within the teams. If they were to make a stand, then I will join them. Because after all, if we trust any of our own, or aren't ever willing to believe in the concept of unity, then we might as well get dispatched to an armed robbery in progress without backup.

To both of you and everyone else... As I venture back into the night, I only need say take care, be safe, and good luck out there.
    I was on the team longer than you have probably been working for HPD if you work at all for us. It seems to me that you have know idea how this department works. It's been every man for himself since PROZAC started to run the department into the ground. You should ask some of the old timers about the battles that were fought years ago.If you can get some unity out of our individual troops.Then we may have a chance of turning this place around.But we have no leaders willing to come forward and show the way.Those that have tried were targeted and made impotent by any under handed means available.I hope that the new blood can do what the old was unable to accomplish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12