The lone Deputy - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The lone Deputy

I no longer work at Walton SO, but all the counties up here are being over run by spanish speakers. Sad thing Walton SO has (no, nada, zippo) spanish speakers in the department (unless they hired one after 09/01/07 when I left). Prior to that they had one, but he also went to another agency. If you speak spanish you'd be a hot commodity at Walton SO. However, I don't know if fulfilling the role as a spanish speaking interpreter for the agency comes with any incentive pay.

I enjoyed my time there at Walton SO. Could some things have been better? Sure! But, you will always find areas for improvement no matter which agency you work at. And, in case your wondering, I left because I live in a neighboring county and I wanted to work where I live.

PPP

Quote Originally Posted by Panhandle Po-Po
    I no longer work at Walton SO, but all the counties up here are being over run by spanish speakers. Sad thing Walton SO has (no, nada, zippo) spanish speakers in the department (unless they hired one after 09/01/07 when I left). Prior to that they had one, but he also went to another agency. If you speak spanish you'd be a hot commodity at Walton SO. However, I don't know if fulfilling the role as a spanish speaking interpreter for the agency comes with any incentive pay.

I enjoyed my time there at Walton SO. Could some things have been better? Sure! But, you will always find areas for improvement no matter which agency you work at. And, in case your wondering, I left because I live in a neighboring county and I wanted to work where I live.

PPP
    Thanks for the info.. I don't get incentive pay down here for it and I really would not expect it up there. I just wanted to know my chances of getting hired. I have a clean slate in Broward no problems or baggage. Just want to relax for a change and not be micro managed... All they want down here is stats.. If you get killed on the job, oh well your replaced the next day. Wife and I both speak spanish and are highly trained in police work. Plenty of experince and combat under are belt. I just want things to slow down a bit and not deal with everyday madness, Your lucky if you can go 10-40 without being pulled away to 10-65 a 10-33 call. I figure do another 5 years and pull the plug. Sit it out for 1 year and get on with another S.O. agency up there. I don't want to apply for an agency with drama if you know what I mean.. Take care and stay safe. :wink:

Re: The lone Deputy

Mil-Man, have you worked with a county near Walton in the past? You sound familiar. Does "Semper Fi" mean anything to you? If so, how is it going?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345