S/A offices - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: S/A offices

Dont hate us because Wackenhut wont take you

Re: Thank God I am RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by WHyAskWhy
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    So you USED to be an FTO huh???? Well if the reporta and PC's are bad, how do you "pass" the trainees into the next phase?? YOU signed the pperework dude. Its seems they should be recycled if its not up to par......and your post reads like it all OUR fault that so many cases get no filed plea deals are made.....You can have a GREAT case with a confession and that junk goes on.....so if you used to be an FTO, who do you work for now???? Sounds like the Public Defenders Office.
    How the heck did YOU get out of FTO? I didnt PASS anyone, but that is not the point now is it? Since we all KNOW that there are those who are annointed and PASS despite the FACT that they have no people skills, no writing skills and no LAW ENFORCEMENT SKILLS. It is YOUR fault that bad cases get no filed. If it were a GOOD CASE, then they couldnt dump it like garbage now could they? Now, the issue may be the difference between what you THINK is a good case as opposed to what they KNOW is a garbage case, perception is reality, for you and for them. Their reality is the one that counts. I would suggest that YOU improve YOUR work product and stop whining like some five year old who needs a darn nap and enforce the laws properly, document what you have done, why you did it and why you believe that PC exists for the arrest and subsequent prosecution of the individual that YOU arrested. That would be an excellent place to begin. Since I was an FTO for more than 5 years, since I was a DETECTIVE for more than 8 years and since I had to READ the GARBAGE reports and pathetic PCs from some (a minority to be sure) of the people I worked with, I KNOW for a FACT that junk cases get jettisoned because of POOR WORK PRODUCT. In 23 years, I think I had 3 no filed, and yes, they WERE my FAULT. Missing elements, failure to document them, insuffiecient witnesses etc. As long as your letter says that you had PC for the arrest, then YOU are covered. I NEVER lost a Homicide Case, ever, because I learned HOW to do it throughly and correctly. You should do the same and stop all this crying. :lol:
    (Loud Whislte Blowing) flag thrown down by the line ref. He is calling to see the instant replay.

There is no possible way that in 23 years of LE work you only had 3 cases no filed. Now I don't know you but I do know the S/A's office and I have been in LE for 12 years. So if you retired 13 years ago things may have been different, but I doubt it. I can't comment on your reports but I can comment on road patrol. As you know they are transcribed for us and yes steno make several grammatical errors and some times change your sentences around for you, with asking. So don't ASSUME it is the D/S who misspelled a word. Because when you assume you make an **** out of u and me. Just so you know alot of cases get nofiled becouse the S/A is lazy and takes the easy way out. And yes before you say it there are some lazy D/S who do submit half way paper work. All we are saying is if the majority of D/S work hard to get the information for the arrest and if there is a proplem then to contact that D/S to correct it before they dump it in the garbage and move on to the next one.

The SA's office only takes a predetermined certain number of cases....Anyting else over and above that has to be dumped....SOOOO, they will dump a case for ANY stupid reason thay can come up with. Unless of course you are the GRAND, HIGH, EXHAULTED, MAGNIFICENT, MAJESTIC, **** Then they KNOW better ! !

I hear that some district captains now are requiring that you submit a memo explaining to them why a case was no filed or pross. Is this the start of paper trails for the D/S?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234