S/A offices
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S/A offices

S/A offices

Sheriff Bradshaw we need your help. Can you talk with the S/A to try and put a stop to them nofiling or pleaing out all of our cases? :evil: :evil:

no files

I think certian Districts are now tracking all "No Files" to bring to Mr. K and put a stop to the nonsense

NEVER

This is a pathetic joke.....There is NO WAY we are gonna get them to stop their junk. They only take "X" number of cases per year, so then they "weed them out". Weak cases, cases that require a REAL litigator to prosecute the case are the 1st to go. So, they take in "X" number of handpicked cases.....then they make PLEA DEALS to close the case. And the rest they prosecute.....this is how they have such a good conviction rate.....

Our SA Office is terrible......****

Re: NEVER

[quote="Anonymous"]This is a joke.....There is NO WAY we are gonna get then to stop their stuff. They only take "X" number of cases per year, so then they "weed them out". Weak cases, cases that require a REAL litigator to prosecute the case are the 1st to go. So, they take in "X" number of handpicked cases.....then they make PLEA DEALS to close the case. And the rest they prosecute.....this is how they have such a good conviction rate.....

Our SA Office is terrible......
    Can I get a big AMEN!

I'm not trying to be a jerk....so don't take this the wrong way...If "all" of your cases are being no filed maybe the problem is not with the S/A's office...and again I'm being serious...a lot of the time officer's put together poorly written PC affidavits...and that is generally all the S/A has to work with...sometimes all the elements of the crimes are not even in the PC's and that is a real problem...and also you should try calling the state attorney on your cases that you want filed...not always but sometimes if you make the call to them they will reconsider and I have personally had them file a case they were originally going to no file because of the call I made...however be prepared they are probably going to ask for some kind of additional information like another statement or something we think is stupid but they want it for some reason or another...and don't think that I don't agree that they no file some cases that should be filed I'm just tryiing to constructively help...

By no way am I defending the SAO but i do have a friend thats assigned to the PD office. The main reason why cases are No Filed or pled out is the overwhelming cases LEO supply every year. Palm Beach almost matches the same number of arrests of Broward & Miami-Dade but PB has only 1/3 of the attorney's assigned to the SAO.
    PB has more SA assigned to the traffic division than to anyother division because they are the easiest to "convict/win" for Barry K. Complain to Crist and Barry K to assign more SA to the correct divisions to fight cases and not just worry about traffic. PB County gets 4-8 weekends (12-24 days) for DWLS compare to 3-8 days time served & $258 fine for felony Poss. Of Marijuan. Does that make sense?
    Martin/St Lucie County bond for felony Poss. Of Marij/Cocaine $30,000 to 50,000. Palm Beach bond $5,000-10,000....does this make sense?

If your fustrated by the State system of convictions and time....do what alot of other D/S are trying to create a trend. Take the case federal to the ATF or DEA. These agencys are not just for Op Gang Busters or Gang Unit or OCB units. If its something good with a well written PC, doesn't hurt to make a couple contacts and ask if they like to take the case federal. Federal DEA Pos. Of Cocaine of 5 grams is 5 year min.

This is the first post I've ever made. I don't try to get into the drama of others. I feel this forum should be source to assist and help each other. I'm not in a specialized unit, but have reach out to them (communication) to take cases federal w/a positive results.

And just because the case goes federal doesn't mean you don't get the stat for it. I've taken gun cases federal to the ATF and the same agent called me 3 months later & gave me a case at a Gun Shop for Felony Poss. I scratched their back and they scratch mine.

Misdemeanor Mike. Felony Intake

I was in his office one day direct filng a felony and he calls the VICTIM infront of me and brow beats her into not coming to court...

"Your going to take days off from work if we go to court?!?!?!"

He then pleas the case down to a misdemeanor.

Unbelievable.[/b]

Anyone know the magic phrase for taken the case to "Committee"?

A round table discussion on cases that the S/A has.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Misdemeanor Mike. Felony Intake

I was in his office one day direct filng a felony and he calls the VICTIM infront of me and brow beats her into not coming to court...

"Your going to take days off from work if we go to court?!?!?!"

He then pleas the case down to a misdemeanor.

Unbelievable.[/b]
    Here is more proof......this case was plead to a misdemeanor BUT SHOWS AS A CONVICTION for the SA Office ! ! ! A WIN FOR THEM ! ! And a kick in the backside for the victims and US as well.

I have to agree that it sounds perhaps more like a d/s problem than a sa problem.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast